Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is Child Sex Abuse Funny to you?

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

InFront wrote:
    All you're saying is you gave a response to a question that wasn't asked. It's a six-letter question, nothing complicated
    You seem to be too retarded to understand what im trying to explain. Or else just too stupid to have read the origional post:
    So my questions to you people, Is Child Sex Abuse / Pedophilia funny in any context. Me thinks not 100%
    Yes. Its funny when used in the context of a joke.

The question in the poll above is just a shortened version of the question I have quoted above. As with all internet poll's the question asked does not fully reflect the actual intended question. I would reccomend you get skillz.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,698 ✭✭✭InFront

well obviously i dont think anyone actually thinks child sex abuse is funny, actually i dont think anyone accept mentally unstable people would find any type of abuse (wether it be sexual or involving violence against any age group) funny but a joke about it would be. :rolleyes:

And when asked "is child sex abuse funny to you", what did you say?
    You said yes, didn't you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 563 ✭✭✭robnubis

Its very informative, in fact its changed my mind on the whole subject...thanks goldfish.

Winters wrote:
    You seem to be too retarded to understand what im trying to explain. Or else just too stupid to have read the origional post:

The poll question is 7 letters. It's not my fault if you can't string them together to understand the question.

InFront wrote:
    The poll question is 7 letters. It's not my fault if you can't string them together to understand the question.
    I suggest you go back and read my last couple of posts. You seem far too stupid to get past the first sentance and seem to just jump the gun and reply.

• Advertisement

What did you say, Winters, when asked whether or not child rape is funny?
    Can't you understand the question?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Catsmokinpot

InFront wrote:
    And when asked "is child sex abuse funny to you", what did you say?
    You said yes, didn't you?
    Yes i did, because the question led me to believe that the OP was talking about jokes, I didn't guess that he might ask do people actually think that it is funny.

the OP thinks that child sex abuse isn't funny because we're somehow giving some sort of justification to these acts, i would answer no we aren't. a child sex abuser isn't going to worry about wether jokes are made about it or not, he's going to do it wether we like it or not. it's a sick addiction these people have and they need help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭Sid Deuce

The funniest thing in this thread is a lot of people seeing 6th as a mod wannabe :D

You should take note of it as a reflection of yourself and your posting 6th.

Anyways......

Chid abuse = not funny.

Jokes = Funny

Funny = Relative to the human experiance.

It is all relative.

My favourite joke of last year was......

<snip>
    I still think it is a classic. And the person who told it to me made a prior disclaimer before telling it not knowing myfeelings on the subject.

The op needs to understand we are not all the same.

oh btw 911 jokes are now allowed! So are Saddam hanging ones!

Actually the OP needs to get a clue, and I need to read the full thread before posting, because this post just got me banned.

InFront wrote:
    What did you say, Winters, when asked whether or not child rape is funny?
    Can't you understand the question?

See:
    Winters wrote:
    So my questions to you people, Is Child Sex Abuse / Pedophilia funny in any context. Me thinks not 100%
    Yes. Its funny when used in the context of a joke.

As I pointed out. Questions in Poll's are just a shorthand version of the origional question in the thread. I have quoted the question from the origional poster and have also provided my answer. I have taken this from a post above which you obviously just never read.

99.9% of people find child sex abouse morally wrong and find it repulsive. I do aswell. However this thread is not the act of actual sex abuse on a child, but has changed to sex abuse in the context of a joke.

Yes i did, because the question led me to believe that the OP was talking about jokes

Yeah, and this is probably why most people said yes. The thing is that the question posed is the very prinicple of child sex abuse being wrong. The first post expanded on that to ask "if it's so wrong, why is it funny"

As the poll shows, an oddly high amount of people fell at the first, and easiest hurdle, failing to understand the question.

How can you misinterpret such a simple thing?

• Advertisement

Winters wrote:
    Questions in Poll's are just a shorthand version of the origional question in the thread.

Obviously not. Here the poll question sets the pretext to the topic "why people laugh at child rape", knowing it is wrong (as per the poll)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

InFront wrote:
    Easily. I've seen countless polls where a disparity between the post and the poll causes confusion.
    Many people may have clicked the link, read the post then scrolled up and voted, never reading the heading of the poll.

InFront wrote:
    Obviously not. Here the poll question sets the pretext to the topic "why people laugh at child rape", knowing it is wrong (as per the poll)
    Your a fucking mong tbh.

If you look at polls, 100% of them will contain a question that does not actually properly reflect what the origional question that the poster asked. The fact that you cannot actually comprehend that the origional post is speaking about child sex abuse JOKES not the act itself of child sex abuse shows your posts are worthless.

Right well they banned goldfish (LOL TBH)

and made it seem like he drew the cartoon or something, if anything its showing that child abuse humor is out there, and its funny.

but theres a difference between humour and reality.

Winters wrote:
    Your a fucking mong tbh.

I'm not the one who can't understand a seven letter question. Did you say that child sex abuse was funny, yeah?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

InFront wrote:
    It's a 7-letter question, nothing complicated
    InFront wrote:
    InFront wrote:
    I'm not the one who can't understand a seven letter question.
    Its 25 letters and a question mark, not 7. Looks like youre having a little trouble yourself there chiefo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Winters wrote:
    Your a fucking mong tbh.

If you look at polls, 100% of them will contain a question that does not actually properly reflect what the origional question that the poster asked. The fact that you cannot actually comprehend that the origional post is speaking about child sex abuse JOKES not the act itself of child sex abuse shows your posts are worthless.
    Banned for personal abuse.

The fact that you are asking whether or not he said it was funny shows you for the utter retard you are, read posts before commenting tbh.

This whole thread refers to child abuse humor, which is akin to jokes about black ppl, jews, gay ppl etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Catsmokinpot

InFront wrote:
    Yeah, and this is probably why most people said yes. The thing is that the question posed is the very prinicple of child sex abuse being wrong. The first post expanded on that to ask "if it's so wrong, why is it funny"

As the poll shows, an oddly high amount of people fell at the first, and easiest hurdle, failing to understand the question.

well the question seemed to be in the post, he asked was child sex funny in any context, no you can't just tell a child sex joke to everyone.... down at the local shop to the old lady behind the counter because she gave me the wrong change

"children aren't good at counting either lets make a child sex joke about that"

nothing is really funny when it boils down to it, fat people jokes aren't funny obesity is a serious condition sometimes caused by depression.

Another joke thats technically not funny, why did tommy fall off the swing? because he had no arms.... technically im making fun of a person whos obviously had surgery to remove his arms never mind the fact that he shouldnt be swinging on a swing in the first place...

Why didn't mary have any friends? because she had cancer... here im making fun of a cancer patient, my god father died of lung cancer but i can still laugh at the obsurdity of the statement because it is funny

Child sex abuse is not funny.
    Some people find jokes about it funny.
    Those jokes are not welcome in After Hours.
    Read the charter.

• Advertisement

Thats the thing, being pc is impossible, people are offended by things that many people consider funny, fat jokes are a perfect example.

Thats the thing, being pc is impossible, many people are offended by things that according to the status quo is generally acceptable, fat jokes are a perfect example.

robnubis wrote:
    The fact that you are asking whether or not he said it was funny shows you for the utter retard you are, read posts before commenting tbh.

This whole thread refers to child abuse humor, which is akin to jokes about black ppl, jews, gay ppl etc.
    Banned for personal abuse.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement