Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open University

Options
  • 15-02-2007 3:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭

is ou recognised well in ireland? does it end up very expensive?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

It's pretty well recognised - same as any other UK university really. As for expense, well I guess thats relative to your circumstances. You can check out the prices for each course on their website, which gives you prices for students outside the UK.

However, there is the prospect of tax relief on courses, and you can pay in installments too if you want to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭bowsie casey

Buffybot,
    I didn't realize that you can claim tax relief on fees for part-time / distance education. Can you please elaborate ?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Yes, you can.

http://www.revenue.ie/publications/lists/ListB_07.pdf I found. Contact your local tax office and they'll give you more information.

Advertisement