Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Serie A:The Return!

• 16-02-2007 4:07pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Preview

Saturday, February 17, 2007
    TIME HOME AWAY VENUE
    14:00 UK Empoli v Roma Stadio Carlo Castellani
    14:00 UK Inter Milan v Cagliari Stadio Giuseppe Meazza
    14:00 UK Siena v AC Milan Artemio Franchi

Sunday, February 18, 2007
    TIME HOME AWAY VENUE
    14:00 UK Ascoli v Udinese Stadio Cino e Lillo del Duca
    14:00 UK Catania Calcio v Fiorentina Stadio Romeo Neri
    14:00 UK Lazio v Torino Stadio Olimpico
    14:00 UK Livorno v Messina Armando Picchi
    14:00 UK Palermo v Chievo Verona Renzo Barbera
    14:00 UK Parma v Sampdoria Stadio Ennio Tardini
    14:00 UK Reggina v Atalanta Stadio Oreste Granillo

I used to lover Ronaldo. A friend of mine used to be a Roma man but loved Omar Batistuta (as I called him its his middle name!) and use to take the piss no end when Roma one the league and gave me so much abuse about a fat Ronaldo.

Now my friend is a AC fan (says he has been for years. A load of bollox) and the for mentioned fat Ronaldo is gona make is first start for the second team of Milan. How things have changed! TO be honest I cant seem him doing well. Hasn't been a decent player in years!

Top two to win again. Once step closer to the league for Inter.

Lazio to challenge strong over the next few months for a Champion leagues spot and AC showing some form for the Intertoto Cup!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Something like a dead leg for Bonera wouldn't go a miss. ;) He's the only in-form Milan player I can think of. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Milan I think will be a great success for Ronaldo. People under-estimate him, I still think if he gets motivated again, which he seems to be by his move to Milan, he is the best player in the world.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

PHB wrote:
    Milan I think will be a great success for Ronaldo. People under-estimate him, I still think if he gets motivated again, which he seems to be by his move to Milan, he is the best player in the world.

Why wouldnt you be motivated to play for Real? Jaysus for the money he was getting paid at Madrid I'd be real motivated

14 goals in 23 league games last season. 2 goals in his only CL start this season in Kiev. 15 in his last 14 games for Brazil.

He only started 3 league games for Madrid this season. You can't write him off after that.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

eirebhoy wrote:
    14 goals in 23 league games last season. 2 goals in his only CL start this season in Kiev. 15 in his last 14 games for Brazil.

He only started 3 league games for Madrid this season. You can write him off after that.

Maybe I was a bit over the top saying Ronaldo had been poor over the last couple of years espically when eirebhoy puts it like that.

But I dont think he'll be good in Milan because of the past and the state of mind he seems to be in.

I also heard rumors at the time when Seedorf left Inter that he had been shagging Ronaldos then girl firend and got the manager (I think Cuper cant remember right now) to fire him. Ah them were the days!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

Ronaldo's scoring record as Eirebhoy pointed out is still top notch. I just think at Madrid things have gone stale. The superstars train seperately from teh rest of the first team. What ever Raul says goes and a club cannot go on like that. I think a change for him will do him the world of good. Rumour coming from Milanelo is that he has already lost 1st in weight after joining. Some good sounds coming out of Milan lab already about recovery in pace etc...

My brother told me last week he was on SSN in training. He lifted up his shirt to the camera to show a 6 pack. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭shatners basoon

I'd say he'll be a great success there, he showed at the world cup he can still put em in from anywhere and with milan's medical team i'd say the fat mess might even get to a respectable level of fitness. Besides milan need a goalscorer, Ronaldo is one.

Man he was good in pro evo 5 :D
    PHB wrote:
    he is the best player in the world.
    Thats pretty funny

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Whenever I think of Ronaldo I think of his demolition of united in the champions league a few years back, he ripped em apart so effortlessly. As has been pointed out his goals to games ratio is still up there and if he has a six pack then he's gonna be the best player in the world at AC.
    (The logic behind that is if he is motivated enough to actually work out then he will be unstoppable)

Ronaldo scored the first. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

Ever since Ronaldo joined Inter and failed to score on his debut people have been writing him off. And he just keeps on coming back with the goals. When the goals start to dry up for him I'd say he'll retire, and be remembered as the most outstanding player of his generation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,792 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Has scored another now!

Delighted for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Sounds like a cracking game, 4-3 to Milan...Maccarone scored an equaliser on 90 minutes for Siena (2nd of the game) only for Ambrosini to score the winner 4 minutes into injury time for ten man Milan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Christ on a bike, whats happened to the Milan defence?

No Nesta. Jankolouvski and Cafu the full backs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Cheers for the highlights.

Great to see Ronaldo back scoring (again).

Looking at Milan's defence, it looks the Celtic / Milan CL game could have goals galore in it too :)

Inter won.

Roma go down 1-0.

Inter can have a good crack on the CL now and go for the triple.

Fair play to Ronaldo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Not may surprised about today, I would have thought there would be goals in the Parma - Sampdoria game. Claudio has basically been tasked with keeping Parma up; I should hope that he doesn't plan to do this by playing for tight games where one goal will be enough to collect the 3 points.

• Advertisement
Advertisement