Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Television In Arklow

Options
  • 16-02-2007 4:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭

Hi, i have just moved to lamberton in arklow and was wondering if anyone could shed any light on the television situation.
    We cant seem to pick up any stations even though there is an ariel installed.
    Do we need to hook up to digital or something?

if anyone has any infomation i would really appericate it:)
    thanks,
    Orchid

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭billsteersnose

We're living in Rathdrum and we had the same issues when we first moved in. We ended up having to get a Sky dish. Trying to get anything through the aerial broke my heart. I tried tuning in the telly and found that depending on certain things like the weather (and probably other odd things that I wasnt aware of too, like whether the immersion was on, or if the back door was open), I could get a really snowy BBC Wales (?!!). Anyway, after shedding many a tear, the dish is the best way to go...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭trotter_inc

Im originally from Arklow, up until last year my parents were on an aerial for years and they had no problem with it. I know that it depends very much where you live, they were at the top of the town on a but of a hill...

Sky, of course is always an option if dont mind paying for it...

Otherwise, there are sections of the town which is connected to what the local people call the "pipe", which is piped in to your house (similar to NTL but its free afaik)

Your best bet would be to call TRTV on the Main St there, very helpful...they can sort you out with Sky too...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Black_Venom

I live in avoca but go to school in arklow and my sister also lives there too, but from my experience arklow and television doesn't seem to mix.Takes so much effort just to get sky working and then when it does start working your just praying that it doesn't break again half way through a movie

Hi, i have just moved to lamberton in arklow and was wondering if anyone could shed any light on the television situation.
    We cant seem to pick up any stations even though there is an ariel installed.
    Do we need to hook up to digital or something?

if anyone has any infomation i would really appericate it:)
    thanks,
    Orchid
    Ah I also live there.Uk reception in lamberton should be very good on an aerial.Freeview digital terrestrial would even work there.
    You need to get your aerial looked at.
    Pm me and I will give you the contact number of a local guy who will fix it for you and is not expensive.He's better and quicker than trtv.

Cable in arklow is from chorus but not available in your part of the town.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭orchidsrpretty

thanks for the help, we ended up getting sky and finally can watch the soaps!

• Advertisement
Advertisement