Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Eve] D2 Titan Dead

Options
  • 16-02-2007 7:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭

Dianabolic wrote:
    18:06
    Whilst sieging further pos in 7BX calls came in that WOTANKNs' Erebus had been caught in space limbo. We couldn't believe our luck as our siege cycles were ending, we cancelled them and immediately prepped to cyno. The fleet grouped around Shrike and readied to be portal'd.

The call went out, jump jump jump... the BoB fleet appeared in YZ-LQL and immediately warped to our covert ops. As the bloodthirsty pilots came out of warp we saw one target, and one target only... the D2 Erebus. With expectation and emotions running high dreads immediately entered siege as more and more firepower entered the grid.

Bubbles were dropped as nos's raged from our carriers, as silence prevailed over our voice communications...

Limbo isn't a good place, for a Titan, so we turned it in to a wreck.

We took your finger, earlier, now we've taken your arm, D2, we're going back to 7BX now, see you there...

Killmail
    http://www.killboard.net/details/130721/

Screens
    http://www.gotr0ot.net/images/eve/20070216180605px9.jpg
    http://www.gotr0ot.net/images/eve/2007_02_16_18_15_14.jpg

Great day to be a slave :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭D

I hear it was under the same circumstances as CYVOK lost his?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

they are calling it a cyvokski :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

D wrote:
    I hear it was under the same circumstances as CYVOK lost his?

You are correctly informed about that. And the screams of Hacks and Exploits are raining down from the anti-bob side. Ill quote coranor on this.
    [18:19:12] R0ot > chooo chooo rapetrain coming
    [18:20:20] Coranor > no root
    [18:20:33] Coranor > its choo choo crunch
    [18:20:37] R0ot > lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Cheeky monkey

lol what a twat

here's a quick vid of it popping

lol what a twat

here's a quick vid of it popping

where?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

You know it probably isn't a hack. I am guessing there is so much firepower directed at the titan that the client can't handle it and dies.

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭kencleary

Not a hack but very likely an exploit. Titan logged in a POS, you aren't supposed to be able to target a ship behind POS shields no matter the circumstances. A Bob spy in d2 uncloaked, locked the Titan and shot it, resetting the agro timer and giving Bob the opportunity to kill it. Will be very interesting to see if CCP do anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Ry

Well played by Bob tbh. They had a spy and it paid off. They had the chance and mobilized quick enough to take advantage of it and it paid off. It'll be interesting to see what happens next war wise.

Ry

kencleary wrote:
    Not a hack but very likely an exploit. Titan logged in a POS, you aren't supposed to be able to target a ship behind POS shields no matter the circumstances. A Bob spy in d2 uncloaked, locked the Titan and shot it, resetting the agro timer and giving Bob the opportunity to kill it. Will be very interesting to see if CCP do anything.

First off thats what d2 are saying, and second unless you were there to see this don't believe the hype :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Lol i knew this would happen all the goon/ra/d2 ego's where bound to be slaped about just like ascn .....people just dont learn

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭regi

How lame :/ Glad I don't play anymore.

regi wrote:
    How lame :/ Glad I don't play anymore.

Get back in the game before I have to come looking for you! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Cheeky monkey

lol was half asleep when i posted that earlier

here's the link http://dl.eve-files.com/media/corp/xrak/d2titan.avi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭Frankiestylee

What's jump limbo? He jumped into the system and then his client just crashed? This is all rather interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Maddzy

Suxz0r'!!!!!

BoB taking down two titans in similar fashion. Very interesting, very interesting.

Too bad I'm MIA right now with Real Life™ stuffs, I'm missing out on all the fightings :(

sto pit with the tinfoil hats.

1. the titan was outside the pos shields
    2. the spy hit him with a passive targeter before he logged and then smartbombed him to keep him there.

fair play to bob for moving their capital fleet FROM an engagement in order to take it down.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,588 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Official D2 Press Release
    I would like to make an official statement about this.
    Yes, we are defeated and have to seize all military actions, since we lost all our power.
    We have decided to get another Titan: all BS weapons have been replaced with miner II and we are going to mine the BoB HQ system dry of veldspar(as a revenge to ruin their future industry).

Raised a smile anyway. I'm not all that bothered about 0.0 politics as past all the high and mighty excuses its usually playground jealousy, b1tch1ng and rivalry but I admit Im a tad curious to see if big bad BOB/BOD [Depending on who you ask] can rescue LV and beat pretty much everyone else. I guess we'll see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭Frankiestylee

That last post was whopper... the whole "oh the irony". Nice.

Advertisement