Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

SSangyong Actyon

Options
  • 16-02-2007 8:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭

Up until two hours ago, I was blissfully unaware that this even existed ...and ever since I can't stop wondering why it does :D

Actyon_001.jpg

If this Quasimodo of a car isn't the best example of how far too far the SUV-craze has gone ...then I don't know what is :D

It has the inside dimensions of your average hatch (including a tiny boot), yet outside it's the size of a transit van.

Yet the really scary thing is ...the dealer at which I came across this "thing" actually had five of them around ...one with a "sold" sticker in the window.:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I've never seen one of these in Ireland. Not as bad looking as their other rubbish. If BMW did something like that it'd be accepted as Chris Bangle genius.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

OOOOHHHhh my eeeyyyyeeesssss !!!!!!!

I have lost all respect for the our lord Jesus Christ if he's allowing abominations like this to be created by man.

I'm not so sure. it certainly stands out.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

the backside isn't much better:

U1126P33T2D200820F2019DT20060717115509.jpg

What really gets me though, is the utter pointlessness of it all.
    No real headroom, no boot to speak of, no legroom on the back seats but still it takes up the space of half a bus.

here LINK you get a perspective for the sheer size of the yoke

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 captainmango

Good Lord its an ugly M*F*

The old ones had a Mercedes Benz engine....strong as a bear, but also quite thirsty..

www.eire.fm all irish radio streams on one page!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

I had the pleasure:confused: of sitting beside one of those things on tuesday morning on the M50. My god what an ugly thing it is. What first caught my eye was the weird arse it has,then as I pulled along side my eyes started to hurt.
    I just stared at it for about 3 mins trying to find one nice line on it,never found one.
    The poor woman behind the wheel kept her eyes straight ahead as if she was embarrassed to make eye contact with anyone in fear of seeing them laughing and pointing.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,660 ✭✭✭maidhc

I saw one yesterday. It has a beak on front and it reminds me of one of those flying dinosaurs!

Ken Greenly, I presume.

Well you know it's a Ssang Yong straight away, they've got that family resemblence thing nailed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

I saw a red one in Templeouge about 2 weeks ago. The styling is on another level. Who did they get to design the car, Stevie Wonder?

there may have been some very strong drugs involved.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

colm_mcm wrote:
    there may have been some very strong drugs involved.

LSD springs to mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 falcon 8

I saw one in castlebar today ,it too was my first viewing.I could not belive that poeple went to the trouble and expense of massproducing this thing.its like a jacked up old type Renault with tractor wheels bolted onto it and all the obselete renault lights and ugly spare things stuck on ,just to use them up.I am so happy that it wasn't just me that noticed this thing.They should all be recalled ,recycled & start again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 lugnut

colm_mcm wrote:
    Well you know it's a Ssang Yong straight away, they've got that family resemblence thing nailed.

Hehe, good one :D
    At least it looks different - I would almost rather own something that ugly (And different) than be one of the sheep driving the same car as everyone else ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭overdriver

peasant wrote:
    the backside isn't much better:

U1126P33T2D200820F2019DT20060717115509.jpg

What really gets me though, is the utter pointlessness of it all.
    No real headroom, no boot to speak of, no legroom on the back seats but still it takes up the space of half a bus.

here LINK you get a perspective for the sheer size of the yoke

Even the birds draped across it are dodgy. Expect to see the builders of Dublin clumping parked cars with these very soon.

Advertisement