Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Can I have a phone that will only take calls from one number?

• 16-02-2007 8:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭

I have a very specific application for a phone where I want it to receive calls from only one number. All other attempts to call it are rejected outright. I just want to buy the cheapest phone I can and a pay as you go sim and set it up so that the phone will ring when called. It won't even be answered.
    Can this be done? Would the network reject all other calls, or can the phone be programmed to do this?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭skearon

iwb wrote:
    I have a very specific application for a phone where I want it to receive calls from only one number. All other attempts to call it are rejected outright. I just want to buy the cheapest phone I can and a pay as you go sim and set it up so that the phone will ring when called. It won't even be answered.
    Can this be done? Would the network reject all other calls, or can the phone be programmed to do this?

If you get a phone running Symbian OS then there a few applications where you can put people, or in your case just one person, in a 'whitelist' to receive calls from and all others will be rejected.

A second hand Nokia 6630 shouldn't cost that much

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

Hey guys, can anyone get this working with an "i-mode" phone? In particular the s500i. I tried to copy it over via bluetooth, and I tried to save the page directly to the phone. But I couldn't do anything with either when I did.

Thanks!

Advertisement