Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cmos problem

Options
  • 16-02-2007 8:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭

having a prob with a mobo i bought off ebay
    getting error = cmos sumcheck bad
    have tryed clearing the cmos with the jumpers and then tryed cmos and removing battery
    after i did tha t got error with time and date
    rebooted and when back to the error of cmos sumcheck bad
    never came across this before

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

Not overclocking are you ?

The checksum errors can mean the bios is corrupt possibly from a bad flash.

You've tried already what I would do though just test some different RAM just in case. After that try flashing whatever is the current bios release again to the board if you really want to try get it running & hope that clears it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭Cassiel

Got that a few times overclocking myself. Reset the BIOS to defaults or safe settings. Check your memory - that timings in bios match with spec. also voltage if that can be adjusted.
    having a prob with a mobo i bought off ebay
    getting error = cmos sumcheck bad
    have tryed clearing the cmos with the jumpers and then tryed cmos and removing battery
    after i did tha t got error with time and date
    rebooted and when back to the error of cmos sumcheck bad
    never came across this before

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭KELTICKNIGHTT

8T8 wrote:
    Not overclocking are you ?

The checksum errors can mean the bios is corrupt possibly from a bad flash.

You've tried already what I would do though just test some different RAM just in case. After that try flashing whatever is the current bios release again to the board if you really want to try get it running & hope that clears it.
    Hey 8T8
    no,bought the mobo off ebay from seller i have got items off before
    the mobo was lost in parcelforce warehouse for 2 weeks as both me and seller where trying to find
    any ways,keep trying last night till i got into bios and changed the settings and reflashed to current bios and now all working well
    cheers for all your help

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭KELTICKNIGHTT

Cassiel wrote:
    Got that a few times overclocking myself. Reset the BIOS to defaults or safe settings. Check your memory - that timings in bios match with spec. also voltage if that can be adjusted.
    hey cassiel
    got it sorted last night late after i finally got into bios and reflashed and now all working good
    cheers

Advertisement