Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tried To Put Xbmc As Default Dash, Now Wont Load

• 16-02-2007 9:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭

Hi, I was reading this:

http://www.xboxmediacenter.com/wiki/index....=As_a_Dashboard

It says to call the shortcut xbe file after whatever your other dash was called, so i renamed it evoxdash.xbe, and my orinial one to evoxdash_evox.xbe. i then created the config while containing just "E:\Apps\XBMC".

When i load up the XBOX, it gets as far as the XBOX load when Microsoft logo appears down the bottom (or in my case "Xecuter rox my box") and then it jsut hangs there doing nothing.

I have XBMX installed on the path above and i have been using it over a year there!

I previously had evox 3935 before (like 10 mins ago!) but now i have nothing, not even an error code!

can anyone help?

thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Prob better off putting this in the modding forum, more people who might be able to help there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,284 ✭✭✭ongarite

Sounds like you didn't setup one of the file shortcuts correctly. I use the 2 shortcuts from the T3CH builds.
    It sounds like you have your XBOX hard-modded so can you switch bank and boot another dash? If its soft-modded you can load your soft-mod exploit save and ftp into the xbox and reverse the changes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

ye its hard modded.
    Which shortcuts are these, from T3CH? How do they differ from the ones in the link above?

Unfortunately, i never managed to get them 2 banks working so both are the same. chip has 1mb and all the talk of splittin it and stuff like that confused me, so at the moment, i have a hard modded XBOX that wont get past the xbox loading screen, even with a game in it. I tried burnin my C: backup to a CDRW and that didnt load either.

At the moment i have the HDD (200GB) hooked into my IDE slave on my PC. it detects it at boot but i cant get it working with Xplorer360, which is not detecting it in Windows. I used that before to soft mod another XBOX. I was just gonna transfer me files back over from the PC and get it back to normal. Havin trouble tho.

/EDIT: unless i need to unplug me SATA drive for it to pick it up?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,284 ✭✭✭ongarite

The_B_Man wrote:
    ye its hard modded.
    Which shortcuts are these, from T3CH? How do they differ from the ones in the link above?

Unfortunately, i never managed to get them 2 banks working so both are the same. chip has 1mb and all the talk of splittin it and stuff like that confused me, so at the moment, i have a hard modded XBOX that wont get past the xbox loading screen, even with a game in it. I tried burnin my C: backup to a CDRW and that didnt load either.

At the moment i have the HDD (200GB) hooked into my IDE slave on my PC. it detects it at boot but i cant get it working with Xplorer360, which is not detecting it in Windows. I used that before to soft mod another XBOX. I was just gonna transfer me files back over from the PC and get it back to normal. Havin trouble tho.

/EDIT: unless i need to unplug me SATA drive for it to pick it up?

Hmm, you need to download Slayer's 2.6 CD, this will boot off a hard-modded XBOX and allow you to recover your C: drive and install EVOX again.
    I find my XBOX boots better off DVD+R than CDRW but that may be ny drive.

Barring that, you need the XBOX HDD in Primary Master, nothing connected on Slave. You need to unlock the HDD before Windows will see I think unless its unlocked as you have a hard-modded XBOX.

Word of advice, I like to keep my C: mod free and use E: as boot partition so you can always boot games,etc..

Advertisement