Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2142 problem

Options
  • 16-02-2007 10:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭

Hey lads, i tried the EA forum, buts its a crock of ****e.

So ill give it a whirl here. Right so. As you can see by my sig both my pcs are heavily overclocked. The intel works fine with 2142, but the amd will not run 2142 at over 2.35ghz. The only error i get is " lost connection to the server "

Is there any reason why?

I checked the EA sysinfo yoke. and its rating my cpu as a 6.1ghz amd opteron, which i wish it was, but sadly thats just beyond the laws of physics.

Ive tried numeruos drivers differebt votages, ram timings. nothing works.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. As i need 100+fps;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭[AK47][JONNYNEW

Dono if this helps,
    But i have heard that dual core or 64 bit prosesers cause this prob.

I know one guy had 64 bit AMD, he had ti shut one of the cors down to run his game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Okay so, ill try disabeling one of the cores, see if that helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

got a 4400 and have no probs but then again i'm not oc'ing it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Nope didnt help . same problem :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,326 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Anti wrote:
    Nope didnt help . same problem :(

Some router firewalls, that use stateful packet inspection seemed to interfere with the master server part. Try turning this off on your router if possible. At an extreme measure you could try moving your machine to your routers DMZ, though this should only be done briefly for the sake of testing.

• Advertisement
Advertisement