Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Work permit

Options
  • 16-02-2007 10:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭

I'm seriously thinking of moving to Galway, therfore I'd need a work permit, right? Anyone any idea of the price? Preferably in pounds but okay, euro's is okay...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Are you a UK/EU citizen ? If so you don't need a work permit.

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭stevecrow74

no work permits needed for yorkshire people... :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

no work permits needed for yorkshire people... :D:D
    where in Yorkshire?, i have friends in Otley.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭sgthighway

One of the lads working with me is from Castlebar; I will ask him about his work permit on Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

I though the work permits were only to stop Dublin jackeens coming down here and stealing our jobs. 'Green' Mayor of Galway Niall U'Mbrellaleprechaun (sp?) was trying to introduce work permits to stem the flow of stunningly good looking Eastern Europeans who were making the locals look like neanderthal knuckle-dragging trogs. But you being from England, you should fit right in...

'cptr

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭Kristinaxxs

Oh I'm from York in North Yorkshire, which is obv. UK, what would I need to move there then?(Sorry I'm only 19 and not exactly the brightest crayon in the box...)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

Awesome I can live forever! :p
    Thanx for that :) Really helpful, cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

No problem, best of luck with whatever you decide to do

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭stevecrow74

Awesome I can live forever! :p
    Thanx for that :) Really helpful, cheers.

dunno about living forever.. but the rest of your days are guaranteed..

all you need to bring is passport, money, birth certificate(cant go on the dole without it), get a job and apply for pps number

after that your sorted..

• Advertisement

dunno about living forever.. but the rest of your days are guaranteed..

all you need to bring is passport, money, birth certificate(cant go on the dole without it), get a job and apply for pps number

after that your sorted..

Oh awesome cheers :D

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭moldypeach

pretty straight forward lol i just finished sorting out my pps number etc you just need proof of address here passport and birth cert and i think that was all i needed lol it was here within 4 days :)

moldypeach wrote:
    pretty straight forward lol i just finished sorting out my pps number etc you just need proof of address here passport and birth cert and i think that was all i needed lol it was here within 4 days :)

Oh mint :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭PixelTrawler

Just curious, whats bringing you to Galway? Its a nice place, I came here to go to college and just never managed to leave:)

One of my best mates Nora Jane lives there an I have a few other mates there and I've just had some trouble here and theres nothing keeping me here an I went on a weekend break to Galway an loved it..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭PixelTrawler

Well i don't think you'll regret it. I came here in 95 and im still here. Theres a decent number of jobs around too.

Check this http://www.galwayadvertiser.ie/content/. Theres the classified section with job listings and also if you view the paper in pdf you can see the business & jobs section - its on the right where it says "view digital edition". Theres also a good section for finding a flat.

And also www.daft.ie is a good place to look for places to stay...

And despite what others say it doesnt always rain, its actually a pretty nice morning here:)

As far as i know theres no cost in getting the pps number - after all you'll pay for it later through tax. Try www.revenue.ie. And just so you know we have a minimum wage here so dont let anyone try and shaft you!

Advertisement