Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

problems with HIS Radeon x1950 pro 512 MB

Options
  • 16-02-2007 11:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭

got it a few months ago and its been crashing on me and driver keeps resetting itself, i was thinking it was the PSU but its made specifically for PCI-E dnrd drivers but still no joy any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

PCI e or AGP?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Catsmokinpot

PCI e or AGP?
    PCI e

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

Just crashing or any visual corruption ?

If there was visual corruption I would be inclined to think the card is defective but if it cashes it could be a software issue.

Have you uninstalled the display drivers and used driver cleaner to remove the remains then re-install them ?

Try changing the cable from the PSU to the GPU if it has another one spare

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Catsmokinpot

8T8 wrote:
    Just crashing or any visual corruption ?

If there was visual corruption I would be inclined to think the card is defective but if it cashes it could be a software issue.

Have you uninstalled the display drivers and used driver cleaner to remove the remains then re-install them ?

Try changing the cable from the PSU to the GPU if it has another one spare
    just crashes, then have to press ctrl alt del to get back to desktop and it tells me that the gfx drivers were reset, then i maximize the game and its back working fine again :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

That is unusual can't say I know what is the cause...

Try checking the event viewer in control panel\administrative tools & see if the crash was logged and what it crashed on.

The Catalyst 7.2 drivers were released yesterday try those out.

Do try changing the power cable on the PSU to another one from it going to the GPU.

Test your RAM with Memtest+ or leave Prime95 run for a few hours using the torture test in case something in the system isn't stable & that's what throws the ATI driver off.

• Advertisement
Advertisement