Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

passport photos

Options
  • 16-02-2007 11:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 42

Just been rejected by the passport office because of a problem with my photo.The chemist told me that they are now refusing to take kids pictures due to all the hassle.I have 3 kids that i need to get passports for and heard that there is only one shop in dublin that will take photos of young kids.anyone know know anything about this problem.Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Havent heard of any problems like that.
    There are photo booths in most shopping areas, or you could do what I did and just use a digital camera at home, and print the pictures out at the right size. Once you have good quality photo paper and the size meets their specs, the passport office will be happy enough.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,203 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I know my sister had trouble with the photos for her kids. They are quite fussy about kids passport photos.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

I got my daughters passport photo taken about 1.5 years ago (she was about 1 year old) in Maxwells Pharmacy in Orwell SC, Templeogue before going to the US. No problems whatsoever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

oldsmiley wrote:
    Just been rejected by the passport office because of a problem with my photo.The chemist told me that they are now refusing to take kids pictures due to all the hassle.....

What exactly is the problem with the photos?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,063 ✭✭✭afatbollix

they are very picky... i had to send 8 sets to them... twice because of the wrong size... muppets in the photo shop... make sure you have no shadows and its framed correct..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

I just read the instructions. Took a picture of my son with a digital camera then printed it out on photo paper and cut to the right size.

Of course I had to take about 20 or so pictures before he was in a position that was acceptable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭MyBaby

We got our sons passport photos taken when he was about 6/7mths old. It tokk about 20mins to get done because he kept moving. I had to hold him in front of a white board but not let any of my own body be shown in the photo. Dont know why they are so picky which kids this age.

We got them done in Hickeys chemist on O'connell street, next door to burger king. The girl in the chemist even said it was joke, that they had to be so perfect for a baby.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,936 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

it is a joke - previously kids could be put on their parents passports. I presume the new regulations are to stop kids being taken out of the country without a parents permission, but seeing as its usually the other parent who does this sort of thing I don't see how it helps.

we have to get passports for our 3 kids - the youngest is 5 months, his passport will be valid for 3 years. Even assuming that passport control can tell one baby from another, within a year's time he'll look completely different!

FWIW - my plan is to lie the baby on a white sheet, take loads of photos of him, choose the best one and print it (I have a printer which will do passport size prints).

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Sam McCauleys in Wexford took my kids photos (5months and 3yrs) took two trys with the older boy and first go with the baby. The girl checked the images with me before printing. They are very used to doing it, and know what to do. I had no problem when I sent them in. So perhaps it depends on the staff you happen on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Love2love

Got my son's photos done in a shop around the corner from the passport office when he was 8 days old. Took about 45 mins because he wouldn't open his eyes but they were perfect and the shop assistant was very patient. He lay him down on a white towel for the background. The passport office actually recommend this place

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22 EcologiKids

We had the same hassle last year - they said my then 9 month old's head was too one side (it was ever so slightly but was essentially straight on) - We got them done in the pharmacy in Lucan village and when I went back to get it done again they didn't charge me! second time around we got lucky and they said they were ok.

Ended up cutting it close though! Got the passport back 4 days before we were due to travel because it took them so long to get them back to us. annoying.

Advertisement