Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Renault Transponder Key

Options
  • 16-02-2007 11:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭

Need to get a new key for a Megane, the Renault dealer want €200 for it. Don't really want it that much, still have the spare key but wouldn't mind have the remote central locking. I've been looking around the internet and there seems to be a few websites that will sell them. Anyone know of any good ones? Do I just give my chasis number and get a key all programmed up in the post or what?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

AFAIK, the car is need in order to 'introduce' the new key. Some ingenious third party suppliers may have a way around this. I'd be interested to hear of any.

I've had a few keys (card type) replaced on Lagunas and usually they cost about €140.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

I only got 1 key with my Safrane so rang Liffey Valley Renault baout getting a 2nd one. They qouted around €180 but the guy said $120 if that was for the key itslef so if you can get one off ebay or whatever (I've seen a good few on there) then it should only cost about €50-€60 to get it coded, if even.

Can't see a new blade for the key being too dear. Some of the keys onebay have blank blades , I'm sure a normal key cutting place could cut it, then it would just be a case of getting it coded.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭sasser

I got my immobiliser key copied in the key cutting place in Blanchardstown shopping centre for only €45 after being quoted €120 by 2 different places. (However its not a remote locking key)

Advertisement