Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Embarrassing question

• 17-02-2007 12:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 524 ✭✭✭

Sorry for wrecking heads, but I have a Sony hi-band u-matic BVU 800P deck.:eek: Its a great work horse and served me well for many years. I took it out of its flight case today (bless it) and was just wondering if any of you know if there's anywhere on the planet that can supply tapes for it?

I used to get them in Eurotek as late as 2001, but I'd be too embarrassed to phone them now.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 524 ✭✭✭DerekP11

Well apparently Sony are still churning out this tape. I found a U.S. site selling it. However anything more localized would be appreciated. These machines even have a fan club. Its a mad world.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 23 MoreBeer

DerekP11 wrote:
    Well apparently Sony are still churning out this tape. I found a U.S. site selling it. However anything more localized would be appreciated. These machines even have a fan club. Its a mad world.:D

Ah....Umatic. Brings back memories.

http://search.ebay.co.uk/umatic-tapes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 524 ✭✭✭DerekP11

Maxell at it aswell.

Cheers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I had to dump two of these machines last year.

Broke my heart... but I just hadn't got the space for them and I couldn't find a proper home for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

And i assume they doubled as a handy skip for other household rubbish?:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement