Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Belfast Marathon - May 7th

Options
  • 17-02-2007 12:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭

Hi All,

Just wondering if any Dublin based runners are taking part in the Belfast Marathon on May 7th?

Do you know what the profile of the course is? Hills or mainly flat?

Cheers,

Jason.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭Odysseus

If its the same course as last year its mostly flat, no hills worth talking about as far as I remember. My only gripe was the organisation, especially at the end, for about the last mile you were running in a park, which is fine, but the pathways were'nt kept clear. There was people walking out in front me ect. But apart from that, its a nice marathon, I would like to do it again, but I have too many committments this year. Best of luck with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭hunnymonster

Of all the marathons I've done, Belfast is the only one I wouldn not do again. The organisation was awful. The course is fine. Flat but there are plenty of boring sections. Support is reasonable but nothing compared to other marathons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭Jason_77

Any Dublin based runners taking part in the Belfast marathon on May 7th?

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭robbicosta

Yeah, I'm heading along.

Just ran 18 miles on Sunday with a few hills in the mix so hopefully I'll be okay for 7 May. Running Bupa 10k on Sunday in preparation.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭Slogger Jogger

Hi, Yep, I've just signed up - on a whim - having just done Connemara and being as fit as I'm ever going to be for while - a month between marathons should be okay - keep ticking over in between with small to moderate runs - and after the hills of Conn a flatter marathon will be welcome. Best of luck folks.

• Advertisement
Advertisement