Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

bmw 320d service interval

Options
  • 17-02-2007 12:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭

i have a 320d but the other day the car went mad! all the lights were flashing on and off on the outside of the car and on the dash and the wipers wouldn't stop. the alarm went off to. the car was parked outside my house when it happened. when pressed the key that didn't do anything so i rang bmw and they said the electronics's were gone in the car and to plug out the battery. i did that then i had to go to a meeting so i took my other car. i came back later that night and plugged back in the battery but the service indicator reset itself. so does anyone know when its due for its first inspection. it had its first service at 22000 and was nearly due for its first inspection but i cant remember exactly. i rang bmw again but they didn't want to know about the problem.. the car seems fine now though.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

I'd get it into a BMW dealer to have it checked - especially if it's still under warranty. Something weird going on by the sounds of it.

Regarding service intervals, get it done at 15,000 miles or 24,000 kms - this used to be the BMW interval, before they changed to the variable service intervals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭jame5_b

yea its still under warranty so il get them to have a look at it. i think its a bit more than 15000 now. i could be 20000 but im not exactly sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

If you are unsure then maybe have it serviced - for peace of mind if nothing else - then get it reset for variable service intervals.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Andrewf20

There should be service interval indicators on the dash that count down as you pile on the miles.

Your service details should be documented in the service manual, which should be in your glove box. This manual should also list the types of items checked under Inspection 1/2 services. You will find that alot of the inspection 1 tasks can be done yourself. (Check lights working, check coolant levels, tyre thread wear, check that no fluid leaking in engine bay, check brake pad wear etc etc).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭jame5_b

the service indicator reset and since then ive done a few thousand miles so im not sure when it needs to be serviced. i cant remeber how many miles were left till the service before it reset.

in the manual is say it was last serviced at 23425 miles so should that just be doubled? thats around 46000 miles and ive done 45000 miles now..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Andrewf20

On the E36 petrols, an inspection1 one is done every 2nd oil & oil filter change (approx every 20k miles). If you had the petrol it sounds like it would be time for the inspection 1.

Advertisement