Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

web design software

Options
  • 17-02-2007 1:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭

Hi
    Im interested in developing a site for my wedding videography business.
    I know a fair bit about html,use cute ftp for this ,but its all fairly basic. I'm interested in a site's like
    http://www.momentsvideos.com/
    http://www.dcmedia.ie/
    http://www.sesdigital.ie/
    What user friendly software do you recommend to get up and going.

Thanks
    tex

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 daryllsheridan

There all basic sites - no fancy software is used

there all designed pretty basically, and backed up with graphics, no flash or anything
    files are done in php but i cant see anything fancy done with it (probaly just for easy updates of the sites links and stuff - "includes")

Any html editor (dreamweaver is the standard but its pretty expensive - loads of free 1's on the web (i use dreamweaver so cant recommend any)

Graphics can be designed in any image editor

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

iWeb.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

There all basic sites - no fancy software is used

there all designed pretty basically, and backed up with graphics, no flash or anything
    files are done in php but i cant see anything fancy done with it (probaly just for easy updates of the sites links and stuff - "includes")

Any html editor (dreamweaver is the standard but its pretty expensive - loads of free 1's on the web (i use dreamweaver so cant recommend any)

Graphics can be designed in any image editor
    I don't use web design software really, but I have had a bit of use with DW, but my question to is are there really loads of free programs similar to it?? If so they're hardly any good otherwise DW's sales would be down surely?

EDIT: @OP

I second Daryls points, there isn't too much going on with those sites. You could probably get it designed for you for less than the cost of a copy of DW!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 daryllsheridan

Well i meant that there is loads of free html editors out there, most of them wouldnt be a patch on DW but to design a site like he's looking for, id say a free editor would do the job just fine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

Ah right, I mistook you. Although, not to pick holes, but there's not very much user friendly about your basic html editors, at least not by what I took the OP to mean. I get the impression he's no code monkey and is looking for DW-esque software. I could be wrong though!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭IrishMike

download a trial version of dreamweaver perhaps?
    If he uses cuteftp for HTML editing then i dont think a basic HTML editor
    is going to be what he is after!
    If it is something VERY basic just do it in word and save it as html
    might be an option if you site is simple and straightforward

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭texanman

I was looking at other sites and thinking of using the code from one of them.
    Also looking at buying a web template.Thanks for all he replies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭heggie

unless you want a lawsuit, i wouldn't advise that.

Advertisement