Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hall of Fame 2007 discussion thread

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Mr Fuji! He's a legend! He's meant to be the biggest ribber in wrestling, I've heard some gas stories about him. I was listening to Raven the other night, he said that one time this Japanese wrestler came into America to work, and Fuji was to show him around and take him to the shows. So Fuji gets yer man to drive them to their first show and he was telling him where to go because obviously the new guy didn't know his way around. It was a seven hour trip to get them to the arena. Then, after the show, Fuji drove them home. It took him 10 minutes. Now that's dedication to the cause!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

From Wrestling Observer Newsletter:
    The reason Ricky Steamboat was shown using that name on RAW this past week during the Nick Bockwinkel HOF segment is because he had finalized a deal with his ex-wife Bonnie and thus he owns the rights to the name "Ricky The Dragon Steamboat" again. This move would enable WWE to use him in some sort of legend capacity as a character, make merchandise on him, and at some point induct him into the Hall of Fame.

Good news! Inductee for next year I hope!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Thats cool news. Plus if Flair does go in next year too, its a perfect fit seeing as how those 2 had such great matches together.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

That's good for Steamboat. It was ridiculous that his wife ended up with the rights to the name in the first place.

Mr Fuji was announced this week. Nick Bockwinkel has said in an interview that Bobby Heenan will be inducting him. I was expecting Heenan to induct someone, it was just a matter of who

William Shatner will be inducting Jerry Lawler

I think The Sheik and Afa and Sika were announced this week or last week. I'm not sure. JR's the only name who was as strongly rumoured as everyone else, but hasn't been announced officially

Fozzy wrote:
    William Shatner will be inducting Jerry Lawler

I think The Sheik and Afa and Sika were announced this week or last week. I'm not sure. JR's the only name who was as strongly rumoured as everyone else, but hasn't been announced officially

The Sheik was announced on ECW (shown here tonight). Sabu is the most obvious person to induct him.

Afa and Sika will probably be the last announced on next mondays Raw

I heard that it'll be Rosey and Samu who induct The Wild Samoans. WWE are planning to show the ceremony on their website, they did that last year I think, apart from the last hour

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

Fozzy wrote:
    WWE are planning to show the ceremony on their website, they did that last year I think, apart from the last hour

yea is that whats planned for this year aswell?

• Advertisement

The ceremony is scheduled to be shown on Canadian tv, but not US tv yet. So maybe they'll show the full thing if it's not on US tv

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭HorseRadish

It was shown on a delay in Chicago last year,edited here and there,if you get to buy the dvd,by all means do because the HOF crermony will be uncut.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

I am starting to get a little disillusioned with the HOF.

Jerry Lawler pretty much told WWE that he didn't want to be inducted this year for a number of reasons.

Firstly, he feels that you should only be inducted once you are no longer an active participant in the product, like most sporting HOF.

Secondly, he had planned to see a once in a lifetime baseball match that very night, months in advance. I know that sounds a bit weak but, listening to Lawler on Between the Ropes last week this seemed to mean an awful lot to him and he didn't seem pleased he had to miss it.

Also, Lawler requested that Lance Russell induct him. WWE poo poo'd that idea, wanting a celebrity to induct him, hence Shatner. Is it that much to let the guy have who he wants to induct him, the night is suppose to be about him!

Well, with WWE, it eventually comes down to WWE and not the performer. It's been mentioned a few times here how the WWE HOF is basically a joke, you can't take it that seriously. I was thinking that WWE are making sure that they're on Lawler's good side by putting him in the HOF, so that they can buy his Memphis tape library, but he didn't sound over the moon in interviews he's done

And I just read that the Hall of Fame will air on the USA Network, so that means we won't be able to see the full show on the website

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

Secondly, he had planned to see a once in a lifetime baseball match that very night, months in advance
    in fairness you used the words yourself, once in a life time. it should really be up to lawler what he wants.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Double C

The HOF is going to be broadcast on the USA network that night, so its free for all the day after, for those who know where to look ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

yep read this at the bottom of a wwe.com article about the shat inducting the king
    wwe.com wrote:
    The WWE 2007 Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony will air on USA Network at midnight/11 CT.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭BlackMamba

It's kinda hard to know who's a shoe-in.
    I hope Randy Savage will be inducted into the HOF. Would love to hear him say OH YEAH again!!:D
    Since Sherri was inducted last year,I'd say Ted DiBiase won't be far behind, probably this year or next.
    Some wildcard entrants: Owen Hart, British Bulldog (he's the only European to hold the European Title), Sable (just kidding about the last one!)

PWInsider said:
    World Wrestling Entertainment announced this afternoon that Major League Baseball legend Wade Boggs would be inducting the late Curt Hennig into the WWE Hall of Fame next week. Boggs appeared in a vignette designed to help get over Hennig's Mr. Perfect persona in 1989 on WWF television and has been a long-time friend of many in the wrestling business.

They seem to be trying to get any mainstream attention that they can

Was just reading this bit about Bogg and Henning:
    Boggs and Hennig were close friends in real life since 1983. Boggs told WWE.com that Curt Hennig once saved his life on a hunting trip back in 2001 - freeing Boggs from entangled barbed wire and carried him on his back for over a mile to safety.

I suppose a recap is in order. So far the official inductees and the people inducting them are:

Dusty Rhodes, to be inducted by his sons Dustin and Cody Runnels
    Curt Hennig, to be inducted by Wade Boggs
    Jerry Lawler, to be inducted by William Shatner
    The Wild Samoans, to be inducted by their sons Rosey and Samu
    Nick Bockwinkel, to be inducted by Bobby Heenan
    Mr Fuji, to be inducted by Don Muraco
    The Sheik, and I'd assume Sabu will be inducting or accepting his induction

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

Are they showing it on Sky Sports? I'd love to watch it live and don't feel like waiting til June/July depending on when they finally get it in stock in Waterford.

No word about Sky showing it at all. Unlikely I'd say. But like Double C said, there's always ways!

And the last HOF inductee this year will be
    Good Ol' JR! I was wondering if they'd forgotten him, since they've already announced every other person who had been rumoured. My money would be on The Rattlesnake! The Rattlesnake! Stone Cold! Stone Cold! to induct him

The HOF ceremony (one hour of it) will be shown here on the Thursday after WM at 5pm on Sky Sports 2, with repeats on the Saturday after WM at 1pm (Sky Sports 3), and the Sunday at 12pm (Sky Sports 2)

Fozzy wrote:
    The HOF ceremony (one hour of it) will be shown here on the Thursday after WM at 5pm on Sky Sports 2, with repeats on the Saturday after WM at 1pm (Sky Sports 3), and the Sunday at 12pm (Sky Sports 2)

Good to know, cheers for the info Fozzy!

So what are peoples thoughts on last nights Hall of Fame 2007 ceremony.
    From what I saw,I was surprised at how short some of the acceptance speeches were,most notably from the orginal sheikh's wife and my fuji.
    I thought that Rob Van Dam's speech was awesome especially part about "respect".It was a pity that Sabu didnt say much......
    Well now to watch the ones that werent aired on WWE.com....

I thought it was good and was just disappointed that it ended so soon with just 4 inductions. I thought all the speeches were really nice and RVD's induction of the Sheik would be highlight too.

Other highlights for me were seeing Umagas mother, Snitskys white suit and seeing Shawn Micheals wife!

I was able to watch up til just before Nick Bockwinkel came out, then it just cut out on me. I managed to figure out another way to watch it, but I only got the audio for Afa and Sika, before I saw RVD and Sabu come out

The start was gas, with none of the wrestlers standing when Todd Grisham told them to. I think I saw Booker doing his royal wave though. The shot cutting back between Cena and Shawn was gas. Umaga in a suit was slightly strange

I was hoping for a few more Mr Fuji stories, but ah sure!

Fozzy wrote:
    I was able to watch up til just before Nick Bockwinkel came out, then it just cut out on me. I managed to figure out another way to watch it, but I only got the audio for Afa and Sika, before I saw RVD and Sabu come out

The start was gas, with none of the wrestlers standing when Todd Grisham told them to. I think I saw Booker doing his royal wave though. The shot cutting back between Cena and Shawn was gas. Umaga in a suit was slightly strange

I was hoping for a few more Mr Fuji stories, but ah sure!

Lol Todd does have balls.....................
    The cena/hbk shot after hbk's "all grown up" ad with fans shouting each one of their names was excellent.....
    How old is Mr Fuji btw?he just about got up those stairs and to the microphone.....certainly a big difference from his wrestling/managing days
    Do you have "another (preferably free!!!)way of watching"wrestlemania aswell then that maybe you wanna share?;)

fatal wrote:
    How old is Mr Fuji btw?he just about got up those stairs and to the microphone.....QUOTE]

He's seemingly 71/72. His knees were gone.

• Advertisement

fatal wrote:
    Do you have "another (preferably free!!!)way of watching"wrestlemania aswell then that maybe you wanna share?;)

Haha, nope, sorry! I was still watching WWE's HOF stream, just not from my web browser

I've read that the hour of the HOF shown on tv was heavily edited, so I think I'll be staying away from it til I can see the full thing. Sounds like a good night anyway

Fozzy wrote:
    Haha, nope, sorry! I was still watching WWE's HOF stream, just not from my web browser

I've read that the hour of the HOF shown on tv was heavily edited, so I think I'll be staying away from it til I can see the full thing. Sounds like a good night anyway

yea i watched the Jr one just now and his acceptance speech was no longer than 3 mins.The editting is kind of obvious too.....

Heres the Hall of Fame in audio form, for those that want it. Its basically what was shown on wwe.com last night and on the USA tv special.

http://download.yousendit.com/37C78C4214AEC038

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Double C

I saw the heavily edited USA network version there, which didn't include RVD's speech :mad: , but Dusty's was good enough anyway. It was a nice touch getting Arn and Flair to add himself and Harley Race to the 4 Horsemen.
    Cody Rhodes is on a WWE developmental, right? Fro seeing him introduce his da, I'm going out on a limb but that guy is a future world champ. He can talk just as well as Dusty and if given a decent image/gimmick he could be great, he's an evil looking bastard!

He's one half of the OVW tag team champions I believe. He sounds pretty decent from the few reports I've read of OVW recently

Fozzy wrote:
    He's one half of the OVW tag team champions I believe. He sounds pretty decent from the few reports I've read of OVW recently

I read some stuff about him recently and what ive read it seems that he definitley is someone to look out for in the future....

Oh yeah, something that had me laughing was the Stone Cold "All Grown Up" video. I haven't seen it on tv, but it's easily the best of the lot

Fozzy wrote:
    Oh yeah, something that had me laughing was the Stone Cold "All Grown Up" video. I haven't seen it on tv, but it's easily the best of the lot

I saw it for the first time last week and after seeing all the others,I thought that it was gonna be the same.The part about his dad putting his arm around him and telling him to beat those "sorry sons of bitches" is totally unexpected......lol
    Showing him drinking the milk when he was a kid to drinking the beer now was a good touch too

You can see it here: http://www.wwe.com/shows/wrestlemania/3918110/

I was looking through some of the videos WWE.com have the other day, there's hundreds! The ones with Trevor Murdoch are the best, he deserves a push

• Advertisement

Fozzy wrote:
    You can see it here: http://www.wwe.com/shows/wrestlemania/3918110/

I was looking through some of the videos WWE.com have the other day, there's hundreds! The ones with Trevor Murdoch are the best, he deserves a push

you wouldnt now how to download vids from wwe.com would you?

Actually, yeah. They hardly ever play when I open them, so I have to view the source code of the page and find the video file. If you open up the Austin video and view the source (there'll be an option on your browser somewhere, usually you'll see it if you right-click), then you can search the code for "wmv". The address starting with "http" all the way to ".wmv" is the address of the video, so if you copy and paste it you should be able to download it

The Austin one is http://wmsvod.wwe.com/raw/200703/031907austin300.wmv, just to check if it works

EDIT: Ok, that didn't work..they're streaming videos, which I did not know from looking at it! So I don't really know how to download them

Advertisement