Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

samsung syncmaster 940mw tuning probs

• 17-02-2007 2:22am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

I'm a bit of a tech idiot. I got the above tv a few weeks ago and have been using it as a pc monitor with no probs. Tonight I tried to tune in tv stations to it as my old tv went busto.

I have tried to tune in stations and I cant do it. It has an auto tuner which should grab all available terrestrial stations and then allow you to just sort them but it runs the scan and nothing.
    It gives an option to scan in 'air or 'cable' mode and I've tried both with no success. The manual is on the cd that comes with the TV but I've literally turned the house upside down and cant find it.

Does anyone have any experience with this tv and if so can you shed any light on how to tune in stations.

Thanks in advance

(not so) Wisesmurf

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,410 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

have you checked the samsung website for an online manual

i presume you have a coax aerial plugged into it, or some sort of aerial when you scan?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭Wisesmurf

Yep ariel was plugged in...not that stupid.

I gave it another bash and fixed it. Turns out the tv was set to region south america. when i changed it to uk it worked.

thanks for the help.
    Mods pls lock thread.

Wisesmurf

Advertisement