Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ratings are in - TNA gets hammered

• 17-02-2007 3:03am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭

As PWInsider report:
    For those curious how TNA Impact would do on SpikeTV going against Raw on USA, the answer is "not well".

Impact scored a .58 rating, tying their lowest rating ever (episodes in April 2006 and November 2005 also rounded up to a .6).

The Raw rating isn't in yet, but it is pretty obvious that going against Raw really took out a chunk of TNA's regular audience.

The Wrestling Observer later reported the Raw rating to be a 3.0.

I've been looking at other forums and the TNA die-hards are trying to put a brave face on this but to me this is a stuffing however you look at it. It proves that fans who watch WWE also make up a decent size of TNA's audience and they decided when faced with a choice to tune in to Raw rather than Impact (who can blame them?)

Also this should dispel any notion of there being another Monday Night War as it would turn into a massacre for TNA.

I'm hoping this panics TNA enough to consider dumping Russo but I doubt this will be the case.

This should make Vinny Mac pretty happy.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

A few months ago, if given the choice, I'd have watched Impact that night. But this week I'd have watched Raw, not TNA. Which I did. Against All Odds has just left me with no desire to watch TNA at this point, and WWE are taking steps in the right direction, so it's no contest for most fans I'd imagine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

This should make Vinny Mac pretty happy.

It make me pretty happy to, cos i've been afraid for a while now, that some WWE fans would watch iMPACT if given the choice, but to see that RAW prevailed, if only for one night, brought a pretty big smile to my face. Long live the WWF, sorry E!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

WWE have really gotten their act together as of late, TNA need to exist on their own and stop trying to attract attention away from WWE because it just wont work,you know what tna are like right now? remember the chickenhawk in the foghorn leghorn cartoons? constantly trying to pick a fight with leghorn when hes having none of it and not paying the smaller bird any attention lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

I'm a little surprised their rating went so low but not totally shocked.

At least TNA have a LAST RIGHTS MATCH!! next month with Abyss and Sting. Which by the way nobody seems to know what that is according to Meltzer on figure four radio.

I totally agree with Krudlers point also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Double C

krudler wrote:
    remember the chickenhawk in the foghorn leghorn cartoons? constantly trying to pick a fight with leghorn when hes having none of it and not paying the smaller bird any attention lol

Haha so true!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

Fozzy wrote:
    A few months ago, if given the choice, I'd have watched Impact that night. But this week I'd have watched Raw, not TNA. Which I did. Against All Odds has just left me with no desire to watch TNA at this point, and WWE are taking steps in the right direction, so it's no contest for most fans I'd imagine
    it was that bad huh?I havent even watched it yet and was just going to start downloading it now but seems like I may have to give it a miss

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Double C

^Damn right. Youll have more fun reading the results somewhere else.

Still though, TNA have this Elevation X match to unveil at Destination X so that could be good, I wouldn't give up hope on the company just yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

About the Elevation X match
    I read the Impact spoilers for the first time in a long time, it's going to be AJ vs Rhino in it. The match they had at Turning Point was real good, and the ending set it up to make the feud even more heated, but they've had two bad gimmick matches since then and I'd much rather see them have a straight up wrestling match. The Elevation X thing looks more suited to the X-Division guys anyway

Advertisement