Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PJ Harvey Links!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Bodhidharma

PJ Harvey - one of the greatest ladies in music.
    Unbeleivable talent yet never got the recognition she deserved. She was never going to be a major star because she's too edgy but i dont know any music fans who like her either. Normally they respond with "who's he?"

cheers for the links

Heres my fav http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQ77jGYv9Vo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

I saw her at Slane a few years ago, and she bored me tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 316 ✭✭LightofDarkness

Aye, shw was a victim of the "vogue" music press overhype (rags like NME). While a decent artist in her own right (deifinitely not my cup of tea), she has been praised too highyl, forcing her to live up to unreasonable expectations, so when you finally sit down to listen to it after being plagued by NME reading friends saying she might be the second coming of buddha, you think "...it's not THAT good... it's ok I guess..." That's what happened with me and a lot of bands. Namely Tool, Opeth (although I love Opeth now), Mastodon( I still don't like much past Remission).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 848 ✭✭✭Backtoblack

PJ Harvey - one of the greatest ladies in music.
    Unbeleivable talent yet never got the recognition she deserved. She was never going to be a major star because she's too edgy but i dont know any music fans who like her either. Normally they respond with "who's he?"

cheers for the links

Heres my fav http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQ77jGYv9Vo

Thanks Bod! I'll have a look now.
    I think she is a brilliant artist.. very original & I love her to death!!!! She's doesn't fit into the norm & god forbid someone goes against the grain.. tsk! I won't have a bad word said about her. End of. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

One of my favourite singers of all time. Saw her three or four times now, absolutely amazing performer (easy on the ear, easy on the eye :)). She has a new album out soon, from what I've heard (live at Electric Picnic) it should be great.

Backtoblack, have you heard her Peel Sessions album that came out recently? It's bloody brilliant!

• Advertisement

John wrote:
    One of my favourite singers of all time. Saw her three or four times now, absolutely amazing performer (easy on the ear, easy on the eye :)). She has a new album out soon, from what I've heard (live at Electric Picnic) it should be great.

Backtoblack, have you heard her Peel Sessions album that came out recently? It's bloody brilliant!

yeah she's working on a new one (as per website, i think I read it there), i'm really looking forward to it.
    Have you heard the album with John Parish "Dance Hall at Louse Point"? Very off the wall, but worth a listen if you're a fan. Also she did some on a album with "desert sessions".. :)

Yeah, I have all that, some great stuff. As I said, I'm a huge fan :). She's on a Nick Cave album too (Murder Ballads) and he used to go out with her. Then he broke up with her and wrote a fairly scathing song about her called "West Country Girl".

I haven't picked up that new DVD yet, have you got it? Any good?

John wrote:
    Yeah, I have all that, some great stuff. As I said, I'm a huge fan :). She's on a Nick Cave album too (Murder Ballads) and he used to go out with her. Then he broke up with her and wrote a fairly scathing song about her called "West Country Girl".

I haven't picked up that new DVD yet, have you got it? Any good?

Yeah, I love Nick Cave too!!! as in... loooovvvvee him! lol ;)
    I read PJ Harvey: Siren Rising by James R. Blandford, good book if you haven't read it already. Did you go to see her in the Olympia the year before last? I didn't go to Electric Picnic unfortunately, but maybe with this new album upcoming, she will tour with that. :D

Yeah, I was at the Olympia show. Great gig. I'd love to see her again though so here's hoping she does tour here again!

Advertisement