Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vista and Digital Certs

• 17-02-2007 11:04am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 849 ✭✭✭

Anyone got Vista working with ROS or Business banking certs/java plugins?

Having a hell of a time getting them to work and ROS aren't to keen to help as they state "up to XP" for compatability

John

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 849 ✭✭✭jwt

OK figured it out

Switch protected mode off

For ROS to check goto https://www.ros.ie/java/javachecker.jsp

If it bumps you back to the login page with a JAVA box with a red X you have the right version of JAVA

Go to security settings in tools options security and switch off protected mode (bottom of the page)

ignore the nanny warnings and refresh the page

You should get your login

NOTE Vista upgrade held onto the certs :D

John

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

Be careful with Java.

There is a new version out there , version 1.6, and at present, ROS will not work with this new version.

They are aware of the problem.

Version 1.5 Update 11 is the latest version of the previous level, and that's working OK still.

Slightly off topic, but relevant, if you're using XP Pro with restricted user accounts, you will have to use an admin account once to get into ROS, so that it can save the relevant Kcrypto routines to your local disc, once it's done that, the restricted account will be able to log on, otherwise, it will fail to get into ROS, and the error messages are very unhelpful in trying to sort that out!

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Swish

Hi

I have tried taking off protect mode and uninstalling Java and installing Update 11 but there is nothing that works. Has anybody got any other ideas to get the ROS site to work with Vista. Im desperate now :(

Sue

what happens when you go to the java and krypto check page https://www.ros.ie/java/javachecker.jsp

John

Hi

I am attaching a screenshot of what is says but im not sure if i did it right.

• Advertisement

In Internet Explorer go to TOOLS - Internet Options - Advanced

About half way down should be anoption called Java (SUN) and below that a tick box "Use JRE1.5.0_04 for <applet> (requires restart)

Make sure that is ticked and close internet explorer and then start internet explorer

John

Hi

Thanks for your assistance. I looked at the Java option and it is checked. I am attaching a pic of the first screen at the log in. I get the red X here and when i click 'Get the kcrypto and Java' link i get the error i posted last time. Do you have the ROS site working ?

Sue

• Registered Users Posts: 10 dialandeliver

Hi

I had the same problem and contacted ros and they sent me the soloution via email and it worked a treat

> Dear Customer,
    >
    > With regard to our telephone conversation, I refer to your query concerning
    > using the VISTA version of Microsoft Windows and would ask you to follow
    > the attached guidelines suggested by our technical team.
    >
    > If you require any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact us,
    >
    > Thank you and best regards,
    > Trish Smullen
    > ROS Helpdesk
    > 1890 20 11 06
    >
    >

>
    >
    >
    >
    > KCrypto
    >
    > ROS requires the installation of KCrypto software to support the Secure
    > Login and Upload of ROS returns. Vista users may find that this software
    > fails to install on their machine in which case the Login box will not
    > appear that allows the user to select their Digital Certificate and enter
    > their password.
    > To resolve this problem customers can take the following actions;
    > Login to Vista with Administrator Privileges
    > Turn off User Account Control (UAC) - via the Control Panel in Vista.
    > Select User Accounts & Family Safety / User Accounts / Turn User Account
    > Control Off - uncheck the check box to switch off. The user will then need
    > to restart their PC and should then retry the ROS Login Page at which stage
    > KCrypto should now install successfully.
    >
    > *Note - It is advised that the user does not access any other sites whilst
    > UAC is switched off and once they have verified that they can login to ROS,
    > they should switch UAC back on.
    >
    >
    > Please note if you are unsure of how to complete the procedures above
    > please contact your IT technician who can advise, as Ros does not support
    > Third Party Software.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >