Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supreme Commander

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

lol the patch give me back the 20 fps i lost with the new nvidia drivers >_< go nvidia \o/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭DemonOfTheFall

Didn't notice any more frames with the patch. In fact I had one horrendously laggy game, and one which crashed 30 seconds in... I'm chalking that up to bad luck though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

Only played this game ones so far but had no slow down what so ever. Using spec2 computer in sig but now have an x1950x video card clocked to the max. Good game its so like the old Total annihilation years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Is it just me or does it seem like the super weapons such as the super bots are far too easy to get your hands on? When you compare it to say, the Krogoth from TA, where you'd have a massive entire military effort to get it made, in this game it seems like an inevitable conclusion that the AI will start churning them out after a certain period.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Zillah wrote:
    Is it just me or does it seem like the super weapons such as the super bots are far too easy to get your hands on? When you compare it to say, the Krogoth from TA, where you'd have a massive entire military effort to get it made, in this game it seems like an inevitable conclusion that the AI will start churning them out after a certain period.
    I think their about right for their power, most exp units arent that powerful, but the time the first fatboy drives off the construction line you should be sitting on 50 odd siege bots and a fairly solid fleet of air craft and/or naval units. The only true super units are nukes (which DO take long enough to build) and Mavors (which also take AGES to build).

I also dotn see why people mention the AI, the AI is too slow imo, takes them about 45-50 minutes to get their first experimentals up, by which time Ill have 2 or 3 in their base backed by 100 or more siegebots/mobile tac missiles/tech2 AA. Shame my PC isnt powerful enough to go for 2v1's tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Pugsley wrote:
    I also dotn see why people mention the AI, the AI is too slow imo, takes them about 45-50 minutes to get their first experimentals up, by which time Ill have 2 or 3 in their base backed by 100 or more siegebots/mobile tac missiles/tech2 AA. Shame my PC isnt powerful enough to go for 2v1's tbh.
    Are you playing on the tech AI setting? I haven't tried it yet but its meant to got straight for the advanced units.

Advertisement