Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband problems

Options
  • 17-02-2007 1:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭

In the last couple of days my connection speed has dropped so much that i can barely use the internet. It took about 2 mins to laod this page and my downloads have gone from about 200kb/s to 2kb/s . The strange thing is that When i connect my girlfriends laptop it works at full speed on it. If anyone has any ideas of what could be the matter i would appreciate that.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

In the last couple of days my connection speed has dropped so much that i can barely use the internet. It took about 2 mins to laod this page and my downloads have gone from about 200kb/s to 2kb/s . The strange thing is that When i connect my girlfriends laptop it works at full speed on it. If anyone has any ideas of what could be the matter i would appreciate that.
    Thanks.

If the laptop is working fine then it is obviously not a line issue. Have you checked for spyware? Are you using wireless or ethernet to connect. Did you install anything new recently on the pc. Any upgrades etc etc. Have you tried shutting down any firewall you might have to see if that makes a difference?

Advertisement