Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FA Cup : Fifth Round ( may include scores )

• 17-02-2007 1:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,432 ✭✭✭✭

well, its about to get under way in the next few minutes, so we'll do it predictions style

Saturday, 17 February 2007

Arsenal v Blackburn, 12:30
    Home
    Chelsea v Norwich, 15:00
    Home
    Man Utd v Reading, 17:15
    Draw
    Middlesbrough v West Brom, 15:00 - Home
    Plymouth v Derby, 15:00
    Away
    Watford v Ipswich, 15:00
    Draw

Sunday, 18 February 2007

Fulham v Tottenham, 16:00
    Away
    Preston v Man City, 13:10
    Home

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

Arsenal v Blackburn
    Home
    Chelsea v Norwich
    Home
    Man Utd v Reading
    Home
    Middlesbrough v West Brom
    Draw
    Plymouth v Derby
    Away
    Watford v Ipswich
    Home
    Fulham v Tottenham
    Home
    Preston v Man City
    Draw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

Arsenal v Blackburn
    Home
    Chelsea v Norwich
    Home
    Man Utd v Reading
    Home
    Middlesbrough v West Brom
    Home
    Plymouth v Derby
    Draw
    Watford v Ipswich
    Home
    Fulham v Tottenham
    Away
    Preston v Man City
    Away

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,432 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Arsenal Vs Blackburn, the most boring first-half of the season so far!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Second half is going the same way. But then look at the list of injured/unfit players Blackburn have:

Ooijer
    Savage
    Pedersen
    McCarthy
    Roberts
    Derbyshire
    Reid

At least five of that seven would be in the starting line-up.

Dunn probably shouldn't be out there, Khizanishvili and Bentley are playing out of position and Warnock, Berne and Samba are only new signings. For a patched up team they're doing well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭Green_Martian

Jesus im nearly falling asleep watching this match, i agree with Lemlin about the patched up side they are doing well wso far

• Advertisement

I don't think either manager will be too happy with a replay though. It'll net both teams a bit of extra revenue as it'll probably be shown by the BBC again but can either side afford the extra match?

Arsenal might be able to with the size of their squad but I don't think Blackburn can.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

It'll net both teams a bit of extra revenue as it'll probably be shown by the BBC again but can either side afford the extra match?

It'll net Blackburn quite a bit of money, 30000 * 50 quid = 150000
    Blackburn did very very well with the injuries they had, defended very solidly, and really Hughes was tactically perfect today. The replay gives them a good chance to going through.

But christ, what a boring match.

yeah with both teams involved in europe, its a pretty horrible result for them. They each have more than enough games as it is

Hopefully home advantage will help blackburn this time tho, maybe we'll get a more exciting game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

PHB wrote:

Be surprised if they get 20k for the replay, even more so @ £50 a ticket.

Considering the absentees, that was a great result for Blackburn in itself, but neither side will be happy with a replay...

Friedel made some class saves, the two late on were top drawer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

PHB wrote:
    It'll net Blackburn quite a bit of money, 30000 * 50 quid = 150000.

Your missing a zero in there.

Dont think thet'll get 30,000 anyway. Maybe if they drop prices to 20 or 30 and sell it out, they'd be better off.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

SWP shot deflected into the goal :(

Chelsea 1-0 HT

Drogba makes it 2!

Middlesborough and PLymouth also leading, ipswich down to 10 men!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Reading and Man Utd playing reserves! ;)

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

reading and united draw 1 - 1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

G'wan Reading! Great finish, Coppell should have thrown Lita on for the last 10 mins.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Well that was expected after all our missed chances. Prob play the same team away.

PHB wrote:
    Blackburn did very very well with the injuries they had, defended very solidly, and really Hughes was tactically perfect today. The replay gives them a good chance to going through.

But christ, what a boring match.

Hughes is certainly getting the best out of players who weren't performing before. Mokoena, who I'm no fan of, had a good game today.

I forgot to add Tugay to that missing list as well. Hopefully a few of the players mentioned will be back for the replay but, while my heart says Rovers, my head says Arsenal to win it.

Hughes is a great manager. I can't believe how lucky Blackburn were getting him. I'd just be worried United would come knocking when SAF leaves.

Btw, anyone know what happened with him and Fabregas after the match? They mentioned some incident on Sky Sports News.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,198 ✭✭✭kensutz

The scoreline at Stamford Bridge flattered Chelsea. We were the better team in the first half and at the last 20 mins. With 5 minutes to go we took Dublin out of the back 4 and put him up front leaving only Shackell with Hughes and Drury covering. One thing I have to say is that the Chelsea supporters are rubbish. We outsang them for the 90 minutes and their poor attempts at making some sort of atmosphere was laughable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Lemlin wrote:
    Btw, anyone know what happened with him and Fabregas after the match? They mentioned some incident on Sky Sports News.
    Fabregas asked him if he really played for Barcelona. When Mark Hughes said yes, Fabregas replied "Well, that wasn't Barcelona football" or something to that effect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Nice goal by Robbie Keane. But even I've pulled a few birds in my time; doesn't make me Brad Pitt.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

We've learnt one thing from this match. Robbie Keane has to play beside a big striker. End of. No more critising him for playing crap beside David Connolly or Shane Long.

Fabregas asked him if he really played for Barcelona. When Mark Hughes said yes, Fabregas replied "Well, that wasn't Barcelona football" or something to that effect.

Read that in today's papers alright, the little upstart ;)
    eirebhoy wrote:
    We've learnt one thing from this match. Robbie Keane has to play beside a big striker. End of. No more critising him for playing crap beside David Connolly or Shane Long.

A recall for Gary Doherty it is so!

Advertisement