Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Issues with Bt billing

Options
  • 17-02-2007 1:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

I am a new Bt customer and my bills are by direct debit bi-monthly (every two months), my billing date is the 22nd , i have yet to recieve a paper bill from Bt, i called today to get a billing inquiry and because i do not have an a/c number she refused to tell me how much my bill will be, i have no a.c number because i have never recieved a paper bill,
    My concern now is that the bill is due out next week and i have no idea how much for, she advised she would sent out an a.c number in the post and then i can call and query the bill,
    Had anyone ever heard of this, or had any problems with Bt billing, or any suggestions what to do..

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

There are alot of issues with BT billing.

have a look thru this forum and the broadband forum and the Ireland off line forum

:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

Go into BT HQ, speak directly with a billing manager and tell him to wipe your bank details off the computer and that you will pay your bill in the post office every two months after you have received a correct paper bill in the post.

This is what I had to do. He resisted at first but when I told him I was in the process of getting a breach of contract letter from a solicitor he backed down and agreed. Fell over himself apologising actually. Didn't stop them messing up every other bill after that but at least I controlled how much money I was giving to them. Eventually I left BT and they are still in fact sending me bills despite me not having an account with them.

BT are strong believers in the first rule of acquisition,

"Once you have their money, never give it back".

ferengi.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

BT's billing department are legendary.

I have been fighting with them since before Christmas trying to get a bill out of them. It's really a case of their left hand doesn't know what their right hand is doing.

I would have imagined they could give you details based on telephone number/name/address combination. Then again, it really depends on who you get talking to. One clown told me that their complaints procedure was to e-mail complaints@btireland.ie. Then next clown I was speaking to didn't even know that e-mail address existed. Do you think anyone actually answered my e-mail?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

I should point out that BT does not send Paper bills unless you ask for them and then they charge your for it.
    You should have a username/password for their Website where you can view your bill or print it off.

That said they are rubbish. I only had Broadband with them as they kept losing my phone orders.
    Just switched to perlico so need to contact them and tell them to cancel the BB. Should be fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Ha your first bill?
    There is a whole branch of applied maths devoted to BT's first bill.
    You're going to be charged for the first portion of the time you've been with them, then charged a connection fee, possibly a charge for a modem (dunno if that's changed) and lastly you're going to be asked to stump up in advance for the next bi-monthly period of broadband servkice.
    I'm not sure if you've opted for line renatl from them too, but if you have, I'm pretty sure that's asked for upfront too.

It's been about 4 years since I got my first BT bill and I still recall hpw shocked I was at how much it was for...luckily they managed to completely screw up my direct debit from a credit card account and so I was left to pay it in manageable chunks.

As for papaer bills? I've cancelled my paper bill so many times it's not even funny; I now get a paper bill and two bill images by email...I don't even know if I get charged for the paper bill anymore.
    All that aside it's still the cheapest option open to me and frankly from what I've read it's probably just less hassle to stick with them rather than try to change providers, even if there were a smal saving to be made...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Saruman wrote:
    I should point out that BT does not send Paper bills unless you ask for them and then they charge your for it.
    You should have a username/password for their Website where you can view your bill or print it off.

Yeah, I have online billing, the only slight problem being my last three bills online all show the same bill for last Summer. That's why I rang and asked for a paper bill. And true to their form, they sent me the paper bill for last Summer.

And for some strange reason, they have lost my direct debit details too. They take incompetence to a new level.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭skywalker

Wertz wrote:
    As for papaer bills? I've cancelled my paper bill so many times it's not even funny; I now get a paper bill and two bill images by email...I don't even know if I get charged for the paper bill anymore.
    All that aside it's still the cheapest option open to me and frankly from what I've read it's probably just less hassle to stick with them rather than try to change providers, even if there were a smal saving to be made...

They were buggering about with me a fair bit on the issue of cancelling the paper bill. I rang them a few times about it and they hadnt done it properly. Sent one email to customer.care@btireland.ie and it got sorted. And also got a rebate for the few months it shouldve been cancelled, think I ended up with a free months broadband out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭pissed

Hi, I had similar problems with BT with not receiving an online bill and promises of this and that and nothing ever coming of them. So first off I complained to complaints@bt ... again seemed to fall on deaf ears so took it a stage further and got on to ocda (consumer affairs) and put a carbon copy to [email]complaints@bt......that[/email] done the trick. They couldnt send me enough emails and it seemed to turn full circle...(BT chasing me rather than me chasing them). Anyway got it sorted in the end and my refunds etc came through and my online billing sorted and I even received paper bills too :D ..... so there is light at the end of the tunnel :D , just keep hounding them.

Advertisement