Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wrong forum

Options
  • 17-02-2007 1:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41

Hi, have a newbie question,

I posted a new thread "Garda Reserve Stations", on the "News & Media" forum, but inhindsight and after a moderator indicated it was the wrong forum, I should have posted it in "volenteerisim".
    1. Does this mean the thread will be shut down?
    2. Do I have do re post the thread in the correct forum?
    3. Can a moderator move transfer the thread?
    4. Am I going to get into bother for making the mistake in the first place?

Thanks in advance for the help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Hi.

Bear in mind that nobody on that thread was the mod of the actual forum you posted the thread on. In that case - they are simply offering suggestions as to where may be better suited for your thread.

In this particular case:
    1. No, it will either be directly moved to the appropriate forum (with a shortcut on the original forum) or copied to the appropriate forum and locked on the original forum.
    2. No, wait until the mod comes along (flogen or gandalf) and they will move it to where they think is best.
    3. Yeah.
    4. Jeez, no, don't worry about that. I still have difficulty choosing the correct forum for some of my threads. With a board as big as this some Admins aren't aware of certain new fora available to us!

Don't worry about it - continue to post away until a mod moves it, and then you can still keep posting unless for some reason the thread gets locked in the future.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 wex

Thanks Gorden,

After reading through some of the other posts on the help desk, I thought maybe I should check to clarify it.
    Thanks again.

wex

No problem, don't be afraid to post here for any other questions. This helpesk will only allow Admins, Smods and the original thread starter to respond here however. If you prefer to get advice from the general populace of boards you can always stick your thread up on the Newbies/FAQ forum instead.

ok
    what is an smod, guessing supervisormod?
    and also what do the trinangle red icons mean?

Yeah basically, an smod is a mod that has powers over all non-private fora on boards. http://wiki.boards.ie/wiki/Moderators

I'm not sure what you mean by the red triangle - does it have an exclamation mark on it?

• Advertisement

Gordon wrote:
    Yeah basically, an smod is a mod that has powers over all non-private fora on boards. http://wiki.boards.ie/wiki/Moderators

I'm not sure what you mean by the red triangle - does it have an exclamation mark on it?

yes, the one that looks like a traffic sign.

That is the report-a-post icon. If you see inappropriate material/spam for example then you can report it to the moderator of the forum. It will send an email to the moderator/s of that forum stating the reason you are reporting it. They will then act upon the report if they feel it is necessary.

Click the one beneath my name if you like, to test it out.

Advertisement