Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vodafone unlocking conundrum

• 17-02-2007 2:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭

Mods, please feel free to remove or delete as necessary, l wasn't sure whether to post this in the unlocking thread as I'm not looking for a code.

Any help or advice would be very much appreciated, l have a nokia N70 on vodafone and requested the unlocking code early last week which arrived on thursday. When l tried the code with the proper #pw etc added it wouldn't work so l tried customer care who told me to try it again with the sim in and again with it out. The CSR then asked me to confirm my IMEI and told me that l had been sent the wrong code and that the new code would be sent by text. The new code arrived yesterday however when l tried it, it came up as not allowed. I rang vodafone and was told that I've used my 5 tries entering the code and the only way to unlock it is to send them my phone which will take two weeks! I'm wondering if there's anyway around this, such as visiting the nokia centre on Dawson st to get it unlocked or am l relegated to two weeks without a phone?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭rogue-entity

The nokia service center's could probably do it for you, but then again, they may just send the phone back as they may not have the specific software needed to clear the unlock counter which for the N70 is 3 tries.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭Thephantomsmask

Hi Rogue, thanks for replying, l rang the service centre and apparently that works for most models except the N70. I went to a vodafone shop who confirmed that it needs to be sent away which takes approx 5 days (fair enough) but then the guy got really snotty when l asked for a loan phone and basically said it was my problem and that l wasn't entitled to one! I've just been through to a very helpful lady in customer care who agreed that I'm entitled to ask for a loan phone while it's being unlocked as it was vodafone's fault and that the retail dept. will be in touch on monday to organize it and she added on a months free line rental as an apology. I'm hoping this gets sorted soon as I'm planning on porting before the end of the month. At least l have some light at the end of the tunnel now!

Advertisement