Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Summer is here at last........

• 17-02-2007 2:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭

Well it must be! Why else would the ice-cream van be doing the rounds today?

Ding-dah-la ding-.......

I think I'll go and get one........ Yum.... :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Our ice-cream van dude comes around all year, when he came around in the pissings of rain in november one day I had to laugh, ahhh camera phone moment......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭Celticfire

At least today the sun is actually shining... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Aye, and I almost didn't need 2 layers of bedding last night...
    not long now!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Beware March!

Mike.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

tis a nice day alright.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

mike65 wrote:
    Beware March!

Mike.
    /waits until the 15th with knife in hand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,927 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

You people are nuts: I won't even officially declare Spring until those Swans come back to the river at the front of my building (but you'll hear from me when they do)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Not here, more snow! *catches OP on the back of the head with a snowball*:)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

i've been seeing ice cream vans since mid january

candy floss..mmm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,595 ✭✭✭johnnyrotten

"Don't shed a clout till' May is out"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭loismustdie

what's march 15th>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Haven't a Clue

The day before March 16th. Hell of a day.

But nah, I don't regard spring to have started until march, and summer until it's June. I ain't listening to some old Celtic tradition to base my seasons on.

what's march 15th>

15th of march.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

summer? its still winter

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,039 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Those ice cream vans are just drug pushers undercover. They're really trying to get kids hooeked with E in the 99s and speed in the screwballs. The tubs are riddled with heroin, so keep your kids awat from them.

Tut tut, arent you keeping up with your urban legends at all these days....

I'm a bit out of the way here so we dont get ice cream vans, but we can hear the sound of one ALL Day ;( every sat & sun hail rain or shine drifting down the tolka valley from finglas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,698 ✭✭✭InFront

There hasn't been a proper summer since 1996. Remember that one? That was hot. Ever since then it's gone from Spring to Autumn. Anyway, today was lovely, but it's not Summer exactly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

deswalsh wrote:
    Those ice cream vans are just drug pushers undercover. They're really trying to get kids hooeked with E in the 99s and speed in the screwballs. The tubs are riddled with heroin, so keep your kids awat from them.

Tut tut, arent you keeping up with your urban legends at all these days....

I'm a bit out of the way here so we dont get ice cream vans, but we can hear the sound of one ALL Day ;( every sat & sun hail rain or shine drifting down the tolka valley from finglas.

Ah playing too much GTA Vice City. :) Fun mission.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

InFront wrote:
    There hasn't been a proper summer since 1996. Remember that one? That was hot. Ever since then it's gone from Spring to Autumn. Anyway, today was lovely, but it's not Summer exactly.

Aye, twas a great one for hay all right, I remember it well...

Tbh I only really think Ireland has two seasons, with the occaisonal hot or cold bits. Why get excited about a summer that isn't going to happen?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Haven't a Clue

Thought it was '95 that was the really good one. Thought we also had a great one fairly recently there too, '03 or '04 maybe...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

you all had a lovely week or two last year.. I came back from canada delighted I was going to be escaping 30+ temperatures and what did I get when I landed in Ireland? 32 ****ing degrees

de-lightful

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Last summer was HOT from early June to mid July which for us is a good summer! Last long hot summer was 1995.

these things come about every 10 years or so. - 1976/1984/1995/2006

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,698 ✭✭✭InFront

Thought it was '95 that was the really good one.

That's right actually it was 1995, I was just going into 4th class, not coming out of it. Best Summer ever. The river near my house was nearly completely dry.

I suffer from gingervitis and, as a result, hate hot summers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Nice to see the weather picking up alright. Love hot weather, will be working full time during the summer though so won't get to enjoy it should it happen this year round.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

Terry wrote:
    I suffer from gingervitis and, as a result, hate hot summers.

Imflammation of the ginger gland???:eek: :eek: :eek:

Not a South Park fan? :)

Terry wrote:
    Not a South Park fan? :)

I am, but I haven't seen enough of it to get many references. I should try *ahem* attaining it from a reputable source...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

Warm = mmmmm :)
    Cold = Brrrrrr :(

I wonder if Paddy's Day will be as warm as the last few. I remember walking into town for the parade in 2005 (iirc) and I had to stop as it was so bloody warm. More of that please God ;)

• Advertisement

connundrum wrote:
    Warm = mmmmm :)
    Cold = Brrrrrr :(

I wonder if Paddy's Day will be as warm as the last few. I remember walking into town for the parade in 2005 (iirc) and I had to stop as it was so bloody warm. More of that please God ;)
    Bleeding South Africans* and their love of warm weather.
    If I was able to, I would move Ireland out of the path of the gulf stream.

*I don't actually know if you are South African, nor am I asking if you are, but I do know that you grew up there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Because of global warming, ice cream vans now have two annual mating sessions instead of one and of course all the CO2 from the burgeoning van population will cause intensify the warm up so expect many more sightings now and hereafter.

The bastards. Profiting from our misery.

Ice cream - not so sweet:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

99s = sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet..................................

DaveMcG wrote:
    99s = sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet..................................

Turn it downside up and you've 2/3 of the number of the beast - see? Proof.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

simu wrote:
    Turn it downside up and you've 2/3 of the number of the beast - see? Proof.
    Actually wouldn't 2/3 of the number of the beast be 444? :rolleyes: ;) teehee

DaveMcG wrote:
    Actually wouldn't 2/3 of the number of the beast be 444? :rolleyes: ;) teehee

It can be whatever you want once you can wring a conspiracy theory out of it.

lollsies

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

1996? Jaysus the whole of europe including Ireland had a heatwave in 2003! Especially in August! If you spent it working in an office you probably missed it but i was an extra on King arthur marching around in leather armour so i know it was HOT!!!

And the ice cream man anywhere i have ever been in this country only drives around in the winter.In the sumer i think they all head to he beaches so you never see them in housing estates.

How do people remember this stuff? All summers seem the same to me really. Guess I have bad weatherdar?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

Ha, theres a gaff I pass on 49 into town, and when Im sittin upstairs [as always] theres a gaff with about 11 icecream vans out the back

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,463 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Overseas in the States. A good part of the country is frozen in snow and ice, except for So Cal. We had what they call the Santa Ana's, a desert wind that blows from inland to the Pacific. Whew! It got around 28C in OC today, and everyone was at the beach.

Advertisement