Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best freeware Vector based app?

Options
  • 17-02-2007 2:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭

Looking for something along the lines of illustrator or freehand. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Citizen_Erased

Im not to familiar with the actual software itself but I think that "The Gimp" is the firm favorite of the freeware shopping programmes . I think it is listed in the resources sticky of this
    forum and all I'm saying is watch yourself if you try to google for it;)

{edit} yup , here we go http://www.gimp.org/

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Gimp is the OS version of Photoshop. The OS version of Illustrator would be Inkscape. It's pretty good but I prefer Illustrator.

http://www.inkscape.org/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

Gimp seconded

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭heggie

for vectors? i dont think so

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Gimp is for bitmaps. I don't like the floating palettes/windows of gimp myself, so I stick to a very old copy of photoshop or psp. I'm looking for something for vectors only. As its for print work. I'll check out Inkscape. Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭sdssarah

my boyfriend uses a program called "Sodipodi". I'm not sure how good it is, but he seems to like it and find it easy to use and all that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

Another vote for Inkscape tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Inkscape++
    I don't like it but it fits the desc. as "Best freeware Vector based app"

Advertisement