Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What should I say to this girl?

• 17-02-2007 3:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Basically, I was out last night, and I met this really cool girl, and we hit it off right away. At the end of the night she gave me her number to call her.
    Unfortunatly, I didn't give her mine, and when I got home, I realised that I had forgotten to press save, and had completely lost her number. Aaaaggghhh!!!!

I thought about whether I could find her some other way. I knew which college she went to, and her first name was quite unusual, so I did a quick search on myspace, and found her profile.

Now, I want to contact her, but I'm afraid that I might come across as some sort of creepy cyberstalker, for tracking her down this way. Does anyone have any advice for what to say in my message, to avoid coming across this way?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

maybe tell the truth... that you lost her number+ typed her name into a search etc.... she'd prob find it quite amusing... (it might be creepy if her name was common+ it took ages to find... you might get away with it, as her name is unusual..)

'Hey, lost your number the other night, sorry I forgot to press save! But, luckily it's pretty easy to find anyone online these days. Did you have a good night?'

Something along those lines.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Alter-Ego

Contact her, tell her she was easy to find and that you lost her number. Go for it. She probably wont think you're a "cyberstalker". If she does, forget her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,045 ✭✭✭Húrin

You have no other choice. She too may be cursing that she doesn't have your number and wondering why you haven't called.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Unregreg wrote:
    'Hey, lost your number the other night, sorry I forgot to press save! But, luckily it's pretty easy to find anyone online these days. Did you have a good night?'

Very good idea this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭spinandscribble

if it was me i'd be like...

"hey sorry if this comes across "creepy" but i lost your number and was mucking about on myspace and said "aw hell, lets do a search of that girl". kinda figured it was worth a shot. whatdoyathink? ;)"

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,355 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Try honesty?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭loismustdie

ya i like what spinandscribble says, honesty and all that, it will give you both something to laugh about and definitely not a cyberstalker

Thanks for the advice. I sent a message based on spinandscribble's idea. Wish me luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

??? Why does she have to know if you looked her up? She doesn't know you lost her number.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,460 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Well, I think what he meant was going to send her a message on myspace.
    Myspace doesn't give out phone numbers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭spinandscribble

truth is in situations like this, its best to put yourself in the other persons shoes and write what you'd like to read yourself if you were them.

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Try honesty?
    That is the best advice right there...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Unregreg wrote:

Doesnt sound creepy to me?

Advertisement