Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unusual HK gun

Options
  • 17-02-2007 3:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

A few years ago at a tactical law enforcement expo in the States I came across a gun from HK which I can only describe as an MP5 in size and shape but fired shotgun cartridges - I think the mag held about 13/14 rounds and it was semi auto but may have had a full auto feature. Either way the targets were destroyed after a few minutes of use. I haven't been able to track it down since -does it sound familiar to anyone?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭.243

Awesome wrote:
    A few years ago at a tactical law enforcement expo in the States I came across a gun from HK which I can only describe as an MP5 in size and shape but fired shotgun cartridges - I think the mag held about 13/14 rounds and it was semi auto but may have had a full auto feature. Either way the targets were destroyed after a few minutes of use. I haven't been able to track it down since -does it sound familiar to anyone?

even if you do there isnt a hope in hell it'll make its way past dublin castle.apperently its gone to a point up there that there is someone overlooking firearms imported in here now,he/she looks at the paper work clicks the web for the firearm in question and if it looks like a "military/tactical firearm its a no no ,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Awesome

Oh I'm well aware of that .234, I was just curious if anyone else had heard of it. Its never been on their website or in any brochures that I've seen. You wouldn't want to come up against it either - you'll see what I mean if I can find the pic of the target or whats left of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Umiq88

Search youtube for auto shotgun or something there was a video going around might be what you were talking about

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭Clare gunner

Awesome wrote:

If it is a HK,try www.HKpro.com or www.Hk91.com or www.heckler koch.de
    If it is a HK those boards/sites will know about it.
    Methinks it proably was an experimental model for an undersling job for an M16 or a CAWS type thing.
    Somtimes gun makers bring concept guns out like concept cars at motor shows to see who is intrested.HK isnt a big shotgun name,they usually used Franchi or Benelli for their shotgun lines,which was few and far between.
    If U want a semi shotgun with high capacity,check out the Russkie Saiga12 or Daewoo USAS12[20 rnd drum]Looks like an M16 on steroids.
    Hope you got about 4K USD for one in semi auto.
    Ditto the Saiga 12 [looks like an AK after a bodybuilding course] but cheaper and legal here.You can buy it with a 24in barrel and civvie stock,and re mod with all sorts of evvvvil bits if thats your fancy.:D

Thanks guys. Clare Gunner I like your style.

• Advertisement

.234 does that mean their going to turn down my application for a Barrett .50 ;-). At nearly $5 a round when I last used one the dealers here would have a field day.

sorry thats .243 not .234

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭.243

Awesome wrote:
    .234 does that mean their going to turn down my application for a Barrett .50 ;-). At nearly $5 a round when I last used one the dealers here would have a field day.

$5 a round,thats cheaper than reloading for the .375 holland and holland which i think the last time i enquired was about 8-10 pounds sterling.

Awesome wrote:
    Thanks guys. Clare Gunner I like your style.

;):D:D

Re the Barrett,well,you COULD try convincing your Super that it is a smaller calibre than a12 GA shotgun![Which it is belive it or not:eek: ]
    If he is willing to liscense a 12ga slug barrel shotgun[tech here a rifle] he should have no bother with a 50BMG!1Watch many FAO/Supers heads and brains explode when we try and explain that one.:D

Yeah I can see it now, Super: where do you propose shooting it? Me:Out to sea

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26 holeyshoe

I think the weapon in question is this:
    http://www.hkpro.com/CAWS.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭cantona

Bullpup design.Banned under CJA2006(If rumors are to be believed)

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭macnas

cantona wrote:
    Bullpup design.Banned under CJA2006(If rumors are to be believed)
    Banned:eek: Surely you mean restricted;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭cantona

Touche.I stand corrected.

holeyshoe wrote:
    I think the weapon in question is this:
    http://www.hkpro.com/CAWS.htm

Not a very useful yoke anyway.Needing non std 12 GA ammo.Goes the same way as the Pancor Jackhammer and various others.Somone needs to tell the lab rats we HAVE a perfectly good cartridge out there and plentiful supply.All we need is a good system to deliver it.

Hi Guys, that CAW system looks like a very early model of the one I saw being used. In my case the weapon had received a huge makeover in the looks dept and the magazine was inserted forward of the trigger (as with the MP5) and not at the rear like the CAW mentioned above. Also it used standard 12 Ga ammo as it was piled knee high at the firing position by the end of the day.

Also, anyone know what the situation is on less-lethal/bean bag rounds for shotgun, are they legal/can they be bought here etc.. just curious.

Also, anyone know what the situation is on less-lethal/bean bag rounds for shotgun, are they legal/can they be bought here etc.. just curious.
    As ammo perse they would be legal,but you wouldnt get them as they are only single use[IE self defence] and as we all know that is a very naughty thing to do here in Ireland.:rolleyes:
    Much better to have "dual use" live 12 ga as it can be used for shooting game and burglars.Crazy system,go figure.:eek:
    Think that answers the purchasing question as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Much better to have "dual use" live 12 ga as it can be used for shooting game and burglars.
    Let's not go down this road, shall we? The forum is for sport shooting and the shooting sports. RKBA, self-defence, all that stuff, that can go someplace else (and there are many, many such places around the net).

Wasnt going down that road.All I was doing was pointing out the weird Irish gun laws,in revelance to Awesomes question on less leathl ammo,and that it is a banned ammo type.Which would imply ergo that we would be required to shoot those who would wish us harm with our SPORTING shotguns[as we cant have any for self defence.rightttt!] with the only option of leathl ammo In contrast to the rest of the civilised world where using leathl ammo is a point of last resort. Shin e.

CG, in this country you're not allowed shoot at someone unless it's in extremis anyway, so there's no contradiction.

Seriously, you start letting people get beanbag rounds and they're going to start using them for their intended purpose, and that's contrary to the conditions of the licence, which is illegal. So it would make no legal sense whatsoever to let people buy, sell, import or possess them.

• Advertisement

[
    QUOTE=Sparks]CG, in this country you're not allowed shoot at someone unless it's in extremis anyway, so there's no contradiction.

Quite frankly,unless you are in Iraq at the moment you cant do it anywhere else either.But in saying that in extremis case,maybe a less leathl option,or having it available to you might be an advantage.The Abbylara situation springs to mind.Personally,if I had the choice of using a beanbag round against some punk kid who is trying to rob my house or a load of 00Buck,what would be my moral choice or what would 12 good men and true think?Here I dont have that option, be leathl or you die.More moralistic and a better defence would be,you tried less leathl loads,the perp was full of coke or PCP,which makes you almost impervious to pain,after hitting him twice with beanbags,he got up and kept coming,no option but to go to leathl loads.Rather than I gave him both barrels of 00 buck there and then.
    Seriously, you start letting people get beanbag rounds and they're going to start using them for their intended purpose, and that's contrary to the conditions of the licence, which is illegal. So it would make no legal sense whatsoever to let people buy, sell, import or possess them.

Did I not say all that???:)
    Yes Sparks there are MANY things that are illegal here,and quite frankly there are many people out there with FACs issued for vermin control or havin a flake at an odd ol pheasent.That have never fired at said things once in their lives nor never will,and were recommended by their local Gardai to aquire a FAC,under the nod&wink rule,because they were living miles from nowhere and Garda response time could be hours rather than minutes[2] they were single people and/or women living alone.
    Starting with a very well known and controversial woman journalist who is pro gun BTW.Down to God alone knows how many P Nally type farmers out there.
    You can sputter indignance that such is illegal and contary to firearms laws till the cows come home.But it is a fact of life here in Ireland.So unfortuneatly the self defence issue with firearms is intertwined covertly with sporting shooting.Nothing to do with RTKBA or self defence,just alot of people who will do anything to give themselves a realistic chance of survival no matter how poor,or what they must to aquire asomehat right tool for the job.Lets leave it at this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭Chopperdog

In my opinion, topics like this really have no place on a sporting shooting forum.

Honestly, this kind of babble really makes me wonder about some people who proclaim to have an interest in shooting as a sport, rather than just ranting about what they did here, or can do there, or want to do whatever.

If you want to talk about firing guns at people, go to the airsoft forum and talk about AEG's, if this is not good enough for you then please take your conversation to a different forum, as I do not want to be associated with this type of shooting.

CG, at fear of alienating or offending you any further, may I suggest that you take this type of conversation to a place where it may be of more relevance;-
    i.e. as in somewhere where insinuated shooting of people may be accepted, as in my own belief, that definitely is not acceptable here.

This is a very small country with an even smaller shooting community and it is my opinion that this "gung Ho" opinion exhibited by some individuals posting here is doing no favours to those who enjoy legitimate hunting or sporting target shooting activities.

Please remember that it is not only shooters that read this forum and for all of our well being, don’t give any more fuel to those are setting the fires against us.

I know that this post will not be to every bodies liking, yet I feel I had to make my feelings known, sometimes enough is just enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭civdef

I concur completely.

CG we don't want this sort of stuff here. It's out of place and unseemly.

Not to mention libellous. Not to mention that if you really believe that, you have absolutely no business ever complaining about unfair treatment by the gardai or DoJ or about unfair legislation.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement