Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Glue? to attach Wing mirror back on

Options
  • 17-02-2007 3:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭

Hi, the glass section of the wing mirror cracked off my car wing mirror, so there is a flat articulated mount that moves around not electric to attach it to. So I will be attaching plastic on the back of the mirror to the plastic mount anyone any ideas of what kinda of glue to use? I presume i need to vice it on as it dries just not sure of the strongest glue for plastics?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Usually the mirror glass has a plastic backing that clips onto the mechanism. Assuming your mechanism isn't damaged, you should be able to just clip the new mirror glass on.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,569 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Might seem obvious, but when i changed the mirror on my punto, the replacement mirror had a peelable back which just stuck on to the plastic mount. Is it the same with yours?

Advertisement