Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IBB throttling torrents?

Options
  • 17-02-2007 5:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭

I know I asked this in the past and was told IBB dont throttle torrents but for the past few weeks, any torrent I try has been around the 2kb/s to 35kb/s mark, it usually gets a bit faster late at night/early morning. This are the type of torrents that I would normally get 220kb/s in the past.

I'm on Breeze 2mb, still waiting to be upgraded to 3MB. Various speeds tests give me nearly perfect 2mb up and down speeds, but I am still getting sh*tty torrrent speeds.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

rolleyes.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Irishpimpdude

There doin something lol i used to get a solid 350kb/s on torrents now i would be lucky to get 100kb/s but if i run lots of high speed torrents ill get 350kb/s on them all together

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Wow, Sponge that needs to be bigger. As for Nephew no IBB don't throttle torrents in general it's just you personally they are targeting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Irishpimpdude

Wow, Sponge that needs to be bigger. As for Nephew no IBB don't throttle torrents in general it's just you personally they are targeting.
    Lol... No its not him personally because alot of people have complained about it... wonder if its the heavy downloaders there targeting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Redisle

Wow op there is another thread about this on THIS page...
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055044793

learn to use your scroll wheel man! :p

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

ab_cork wrote:
    Wow op there is another thread about this on THIS page...
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055044793

rolleyes.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭dathiultaigh

Nephew wrote:
    I'm on Breeze 2mb, still waiting to be upgraded to 3MB. Various speeds tests give me nearly perfect 2mb up and down speeds, but I am still getting sh*tty torrrent speeds.

all the free upgrades for ibb customers have been completed. So either you are not getting the correct speeds or you were never upgraded. You should contact them and ask to have this checked.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Sponge Bob wrote:
    rolleyes.png
    FOR THE LOVE OF GOD CALM DOWN SPONGE!

Advertisement