Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I killed my bonsai

Options
  • 17-02-2007 6:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,195 ✭✭✭

It was a very nice japanese maple bonsai until I forgot to water it over Christmas. All the leaves fell off. I have fed and watered it regularly since and it has not recovered. On the plus side there are a couple of miniscule buds appearing. Should I persevere or give it a decent burial.

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭artieanna

I'm no expert on bonsai but, hearing that buds (however miniscule they are) are a sign of life, so Its not dead, well yet anyway:rolleyes: ....

Right I've looked it up and a Japanese maple Bonsai are outdoor plants so they are hardier than indoor bonsai, is your's currently indoors or outdoors?.....

To try to rescue it mist it as often as possible with water and of course water it daily, keep it in a brightly lit, frost free spot...

Wait and see if the buds develop and open, if they do you're lucky:) if not well you're unlucky:( ...

g'luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

Give it a chance. If you're really really lucky it might even have more character after surviving.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,195 ✭✭✭jos28

Thanks a million folks, I can postpone the funeral. I have no idea if it's an outdoor or indoor plant. All I know is that it looks like a japanese maple. As you may have guessed I am not exactly greenfingered !

Advertisement