Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Failed my mock driving test 14 times. Will I pass?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,401 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Good post Anan1, I suspect the OP is well on the way to 15 tbh.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Alkers

I think he means he got enough marks to fail 14 times over, not that he did 14 actual mock tests lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

md99 wrote:

Anyway, I got Grade 3's on Parking Legally (parked in a handicapt spot waiting for the driving instructor, who duly noted it lol),

When you got so many things wrong maybe he should have let you off on the first one. Sounds like you may have a right to park in that spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

9 grade 3 marks? Haha, that really is bad. At least when your taking the real test after the first grade 3 the instructer will get you to take the most direct route back to the test center.

As for parking in a disabled spot, don't be such a jerk.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

The test is a relatively simple affair.

There are three main reasons why people fail:

1. They haven't developed any proper driving sense or awareness
    2. They've spent too much time listening to bull**** "tricks" told to them by mates and shoddy instructors
    3. They panic.

I think you fall into category 1 (or possibly 3). Parking in a disabled spot is an obvious one.

You're not being failed because the guy doesn't like or you're just unlucky. It's a simple test. You only fail because you didn't drive correctly. 9 Grade 3s? are there even that many Grade 3 boxes on the sheet?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭Tony Danza

md99 wrote:
    By fail 14 times, i mean I got 9 Grade 3 marks and the rest were Grade 2 marks.

A truly terrible driver couldn't have driven for every day for a year without any accident and driven nearly 15,000 miles at that.
    Like everyone else, I thought you had done 14 pre-tests, which seemed a bit excessive to say the least! If you got 14 marks, then just remember your mistakes, half that number and you're flying! Don't see where all these your a danger to others coming from? 15000 miles a year and no crash, where's the danger comment coming from?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭md99

Tony Danza wrote:
    Don't see where all these your a danger to others coming from? 15000 miles a year and no crash, where's the danger comment coming from?

From the large number of extremely petty people on this forum who entertain themselves and their kind by putting a provisional driver who wants to improve and pass his test down..

Someone needs to usher these folk back to the retirement home, it's 6 o clock, time for your medication...

Have to say though, it's great that our senior citizens are so internet-active! Maybe they'll some day overcome roundabouts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

md99 wrote:
    I know many who have passed, and they say it's just an act. It's not a real test on your abilty to DRIVE...

NOBODY drives like that in real life. Well, nobody under the age of 80.
    I think it's a mistake to treat the driving test as just an act, as if the whole concept of driving like you do on a test is just ludicrous.
    Really there aren't all that many things in the test that are all that silly. Most things are correct and how people should drive.
    There are many flaws with the test I'd agree, and it's not strict enough in that it doesn't test enough, but who thinks that nearly everything on it is just rubbish?
    If so, what are these things?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 368 ✭✭DrivingInfo

Hi

Can you answer this please?

Is your driving instructor teaching you how to drive properly?
    Can you tell me what the instructor is doing in the car?

This is not so that we will take the p***, we want to know what the instructor is doing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

OP what age are you?

• Advertisement
Advertisement