Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

project - website questionnaire info gathering help required

• 17-02-2007 7:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭

Hi,

I am doing a two part study for my end of year project:

comparing the quality of life between waterford and dublin. i aim to get the questionnaire up online as a website like.

Any body done this before and any tips/hosting providers/setup and so forth.

Appreciate any help.

C man

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 271 ✭✭TheNibbler

Try surveymonkey.com. Haven't used it myself but I know a lot of people doing my course use it and it seems to work well for them. Think it may help with analysis too. Costs about $30 a month but if you don't need it for too long that's not too expensive.
    Hope that helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Deeandra

Im using surveymonkey.com also for my final yr thesis. It's really good although it has some constraints but there is nearly always a way of getting round what your trying to do. I find it quite cheap, about 15 euro a month I think.

I still need a few more participants for my thesis, so if you wanna follow the link you would be doing me a huge favour and you could also see the way I have used the website to host my questionnaire.

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.asp?u=967663207312

Also, you might like to check out surveyconsole.com, they're pretty good too.

Good Luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭custardcreams

I am doing my project on the quality of life in dublin and between Waterford and Dublin.

I aim to get some people from aol waterford and from ebay dublin to take it.

At the moment i have 53 questions in the survey and i aim to reduce this to 30 and also work out the logic on analysis with my tutor.

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.asp?u=520543508149

I did use this source from the net to get the questions and i will be adding a few taking out a few myself over the next week.

Thanks

C.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭snorlax

that link says it's closed :)

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.asp?u=520543508149

i reduced the questions to 30.

More appealing and to the point i feel

C

• Advertisement

i recieved 40 surveys from boardsters today which is quite good i think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

Did you set out how many responses you require before starting?

i want 75 from each location then spss'ing it and designing a script to move the info from survey monkey to spss with the flick of a switch..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

Excellent - I've never used survey monkey, so do you know what output form it gives you your results in? I know spss (haven't been using it too long) has the ability already to take input from different file types quite easily.

Advertisement