Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Iveco ..what's wrong with them?

Options
  • 17-02-2007 9:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭

Just out of curiosity;

I've noticed that Iveco (Daily) vans are going comparatively cheap around here.

Why is that? Have they a bad reputation or something?

On the continent they are very highly regarded and win over the likes of Sprinter/Crafter in all tests.

They last longer, rust less, are better equipped and the engines are superior as well.

This for example should be a real steal for your average "white van man" ...plus it's blue !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,992 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

I not sure about the vans but in the heavy truck sector they are generally considered to be an 'accountants' truck, i.e. bought by someone who controls the purse strings but has never sat in a truck. Sometimes referred to as "the Lada of trucks". No self respecting haulier, particularly owner-drivers, would be seen dead in one. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 723 ✭✭✭3ps

i heard that they were very well engineered, robust and long lasting! but that's all second hand info.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Well, if the base of my camper is anything to go by, that's certainly true !

Made in 1989 and still no rust or looseness to speak about ...very nice to drive as well (if it starts ...see other thread)

Advertisement