Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What to do with ash from the fire ..?

Options
  • 17-02-2007 10:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

Hi,
    We light our solid fuel stove every day, and I'm looking for ideas about what to do with the ash. I mean we could spread it thinly around the garden or along our hedge (on our side!), would it do any harm? Is there any good use I can put it to? We have pay-by-weight refuse disposal coming in now, and we live on a half-acre in the countryside, so I'd rather not just throw it in the black bin if I can dispose of it harmlessly myself ....
    Thanks.
    H.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Qwerty?

If you burn only timber or turf it can go in small quantitys into your composs bin. Coal.... I don't know - black bin?

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭pjq

I don't know if fresh coal ash can harm the garden , but definitly when its weathered its fine for the garden , it loosens up the clay . As you are paying by weight the composter seems a good option .
    pjq

Advertisement