Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Would you still post on AH if you didn't get postcount for it?

• 17-02-2007 10:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Well?

Me - yes! Certainly! Tis a fine forum!

Would you still post in AH if you didn't get postcount for it? 114 votes

Yes
    0%
    No
    75%
    HobbesD-GeneratePHBdaveirlVictorazezilPiEMossy Monk_Kaiser_The SweeperRabiesCrucifixtuxyFaithAdMMMfeylyaloismustdieDEKRIUQgucci 86 votes
    Mebbeh - if the thread was really int'reshting
    10%
    HobbesazezilMossy MonkneGevdermot_sheehanmarco murphyKTRICswingkingSlippin JimmyGhost TrainunreggdI_and_I 12 votes
    Atari Jaguar
    14%
    HobbesazezilMossy MonkkaimeraneGevsimu[Deleted User]hullaballooEndurance Mancee_jaytrout:|The WalshoLust4LifeGhost Trainunreggd 16 votes

Comments

Atari Jaguar
    Poll?

Yep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

On another site I visit, you don't get anything added to your post count for posting in the Off Topic forum, and I still post loads in there. It's all about the fun, senseless topics, not the post count. ;)

So the answer is clearly no.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Possibly not, I'm a post count whore :D

Where's the poll ?, there has to be a poll.

* Edit - just see the poll

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

I thought AH posts didn't count :confused: Did they get rid of that?

I don't care about my posts

(But I DO have >6000, so therefore I am better than you all. Post count is directly proportional to coolness [more posts=more coolness, not less :mad:] )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,698 ✭✭✭InFront

No
    Why not? I don't think anyone actually logs onto boards or contributes to the forum to get a high post-count. It's called not having a life, nothing more, nothing less!:)

Postcount +1

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

No
    Yep, sure would. Could give a f*ck about my postcount tbh, the only reason I don't post in TT or TCN is because nothing there interests me, and I believe if you hung around the Thunderdome too long your IQ would drop dramatically and your brain would turn to mush.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

On topic, course I'd still post here. Always has a place in my <3. ;_;

There was a huge thread in After Hours, could have been a few years ago that was moved to the Cuckoos Nest and many..many a count was removed from the users that had posted in the thread. Prize for someone who can find out which one it was, I just can't remember. There was also a Feedback thread detailing the users who had lost the most postcount. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

No
    rb_ie wrote:
    Yep, sure would. Could give a f*ck about my postcount tbh, the only reason I don't post in TT or TCN is because nothing there interests me, and I believe if you hung around the Thunderdome too long your IQ would drop dramatically and your brain would turn to mush.
    Same here.
    This place keeps me amused for hours on end.
    There are a few other forums I visit, but I spend most of my time on boards here.
    TCN never really appealed to me (apart from the odd occasion when I want to start a thread about something completely inane and insane) and TT is only a place I visit when I'm really bored and there is nothing new anywhere else on boards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

No
    What does postcount do for you? Can you redeem items in exchange for postcount, like internet tokens from a cereal box??

No
    Ruu wrote:
    On topic, course I'd still post here. Always has a place in my <3. ;_;

There was a huge thread in After Hours, could have been a few years ago that was moved to the Cuckoos Nest and many..many a count was removed from the users that had posted in the thread. Prize for someone who can find out which one it was, I just can't remember. There was also a Feedback thread detailing the users who had lost the most postcount. :)
    Ruu, I think I remember that.
    I'm drinking at the moment, so I probably won't remember the exact thread, but if it comes to me, I will link it here.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

What does postcount do for you? Can you redeem items in exchange for postcount, like internet tokens from a cereal box??
    You can exchange it for e-heroin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭Killaqueen!!!

Who actually cares about postcount? :confused:

If anything I would post more in a particular forum if I DIDN'T get postcounts for it. Who wants confirmation of the amount of time wasted on the internet tbh...?

No
    Apparently*, if you get above 15,000 posts or become an Smod/Admin, CSG will do "special things" to/for you.

*May or may not be true

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Atari Jaguar
    Twas probably Tar who got hit the hardest. That's lyk a rule of boards or sth.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

No
    Yep, I'd still post here even if it didn't add to my post count

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,698 ✭✭✭InFront

No
    DaveMcG wrote:

I hear when you get to around 15, 000 you can only exchange it for e-methadone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

No
    DaveMcG wrote:

Score! Time to spam! who wants a bigger penis???

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

what the hell is a postcount?

Atari Jaguar
    When they finally get a stake through Dracula's <3

(sorry)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

I think its the title that the queen gives to the fella in charge of Royal Mail.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

simu - oh...

oh my god

that took a few seconds .. I wish I hadn't gotten it

my brain... ow

No
    simu wrote:
    When they finally get a stake through Dracula's <3

(sorry)
    Whoa.

Atari Jaguar
    ^
    ^^

blatant ++age there, rb!

:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

No
    Why wouldn't I?

Maybe 20% of my posts have ever been in AH, so even if postcount actually mattered, it wouldn't count for that much.

AH is like the hub of the whole site, to me at least....places like CN or TT I just don't really bother with; if I wnat to be random I'll go spam on my old guild's off topic board.

Besides we all know it's reputation points that define you as a poster...
    BRING BACK THE REP SYSTEM!!1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Nah, I would not post. My post count is low enough as it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭dermot_sheehan

Nah, because i hardly post anyway

more a lurker then a poster

Post count inversely proportional to penis size

FACT

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

The Truth or Dare Thread (started by me) hit some hard when it moved to TCN but I dont use AH much and despite what some think could care less about postcount.

My postcount is only as high as it is because I post alot on a forum taht I actually have a real interest in ...... Sex&Sexuality! (not true)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,644 ✭✭✭✭nesf

It's amusing moving large threads from here to the recycle bin. :D

"I've lost 30 posts! Damn you to hell!"

nesf wrote:
    It's amusing moving large threads from here to the recycle bin. :D

"I've lost 30 posts! Damn you to hell!"

Or "I've lost over 1,000 posts". :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭Trinity

I know what postcount means but what does it mean?

Why do people want high post counts? Is there a prize or does it mean anything?

No
    Ruu wrote:

Good times.
    Trinity1 wrote:
    I know what postcount means but what does it mean?

Why do people want high post counts? Is there a prize or does it mean anything?

|\/|y p057(0un7 r 73h d3f1n1710n 0f m3 45 50m30n3 1mp0r74n7 0n 73h 1n74rw38!!11

Atari Jaguar
    It gives me self-confidence. The chicas digg it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

No
    This post has been deleted.

No
    I would definately post here regardless of post count. I have no specific interests as such, so this forum is perfect for me.

But yeah, each time my post count increases.. so does my penis size.

Ohhh yeah.

Wertz wrote:
    Good times.

|\/|y p057(0un7 r 73h d3f1n1710n 0f m3 45 50m30n3 1mp0r74n7 0n 73h 1n74rw38!!11

Obviously i do not know what this means. However if my post count gets too high, i will know i have too much time on my hands and need to spend some time in the real world.

• Advertisement

No
    Trinity1 wrote:
    Obviously i do not know what this means. However if my post count gets too high, i will know i have too much time on my hands and need to spend some time in the real world.
    It took me a few seconds, but I could make it out.
    I fear for my sanity.

Terry wrote:
    It took me a few seconds, but I could make it out.
    I fear for my sanity.

Seriously does it mean something? Jaysus oh wait i think i can make out actual words.

postcount definition important - am i close/right?

No
    ha I just remembered 1337 is banned in the AH charter

BTW I used a text convertor to type that; even I'm not sad enough to be fluent in 1337

my postcount r teh definition of me as someone important on teh intarweb!!11

Trinity1 wrote:
    Seriously does it mean something? Jaysus oh wait i think i can make out actual words.

You must be right, I can see your postcount slowly ticking upwards...

nesf wrote:
    You must be right, I can see your postcount slowly ticking upwards...

Thanks for noticing cos i didnt. Its nothing to be proud of imo. The more posts the less of a life.

I 'mostly' stick to PI. I couldnt give a flying fcuk bout post counts and didnt even realise this stuff went on tbh. When i have other stuff to do i aint on boards. Pretty sad as far as i am concerned counting posts. I aint a web veteran.

• Advertisement

No
    Ooh watch out trinity1, next one is the point of no return, number of the beast and all that...

No

Trinity1 wrote:
    I 'mostly' stick to PI. I couldnt give a flying fcuk bout post counts and didnt even realise this stuff went on tbh. When i have other stuff to do i aint on boards. Pretty sad as far as i am concerned counting posts. I aint a web veteran.

It's odd, some people do seem to care about them. It's a phenomenon on most forums I've been on, people seem to view them in the same way as some people view being a regular of a pub for many years as a kind of status symbol or something.

It's when people start judging other people by their post count/join date that it becomes an issue tbh.

Wertz wrote:
    Ooh watch out trinity1, next one is the point of no return, number of the beast and all that...

Too late!! Ban the postcounts i say - get rid of them!! Mite cut out half the ****e posts anyway :D

Like this one ;)

No
    I have a large(ish) [I saw that in a relative term, considering the amount of time I've actually spent active on the forum] post count mainly because of the fact there is so much to talk about, in so many different fields.

That and I have too much time on my hands during the week and/or during college.

Trinity1 wrote:
    Too late!! Ban the postcounts i say - get rid of them!! Mite cut out half the ****e posts anyway :D

Like this one ;)

They kind of did..and then this happened. It obviously does mean something to some users who demanded their postcounts be returned, if anything the thread is a good laugh.

nesf wrote:
    It's odd, some people do seem to care about them. It's a phenomenon on most forums I've been on, people seem to view them in the same way as some people view being a regular of a pub for many years as a kind of status symbol or something.

It's when people start judging other people by their post count/join date that it becomes an issue tbh.

Yes i know my post count is going up now :)

But i honestly didnt know this went on. Not on any other forums though, bar one, that i have posted on about 5 times all told, but your post counts are not there for all to see. I just enjoy some forums here, some i have never been in at all. Most i dont contribute to, but at 12.15 on a saturday nite if you are not out on the town where else are you going to be only in after hours :D

Trinity1 wrote:
    Thanks for noticing cos i didnt. Its nothing to be proud of imo. The more posts the less of a life.

Sorry didnt mean to offend anyone with high post counts :)

No
    There used to be a reputation system???
    Jesus dont bring that back, i'd have to start over!
    hehe. I broke the rep system on another forum I use.
    Then they brought in a karma thingy and I had that gone after 2 days. :)

If you're gonna have a forum without rules, then don't let me near it.

(Thunderdome got boring after a few times).

No

• Advertisement
Advertisement