Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Would you still post on AH if you didn't get postcount for it?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,240 ✭✭✭Endurance Man

Atari Jaguar
    The majority of threads in AH are complete and utter poo. My first few months on boards where consumed with posting in AH, after these few months i realised how shocking the threads where.
    I will admit i have started a few of these shockers in my short time, im not happy about this ^^. Dont really read anything in AH anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

No
    To be honest i'm rather embarrassed at the size of mine.
    5 month user with +800, and as tbh pointed out to me recently, i have almost 250 posts in the insult thread. I'm also i'm quite partial to the picture assosciation thread in TCN....(/heads over)

I swear i have a life... i swear...
    I was under the impression that post count was disabled in TCN and TT.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

No
    The majority of threads in AH are complete and utter poo. My first few months on boards where consumed with posting in AH, after these few months i realised how shocking the threads where.
    I will admit i have started a few of these shockers in my short time, im not happy about this ^^. Dont really read anything in AH anymore.
    Quite a lot of members start here and then find their niche.
    some stay and some pop their heads in occasionally.
    It's not for everyone, but I love it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

No
    This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Atari Jaguar
    Terry wrote:
    It's not for everyone, but I love it.

Ditto.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,463 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Where's the Count? Did he post? Oooooo, have you seen his canines?:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭loismustdie

No
    that's called 1337? like actual numbers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭I_and_I

Mebbeh - if the thread was really int'reshting
    Crap I picked no by accident, got confused. But anyway what should post count have to do with expressing ones opinion on certain matters? Its strange how people expect somebody with a lot of posts to be "respected" online.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭Futureman

No
    DaveMcG wrote:
    I thought AH posts didn't count :confused:

That's what I thought too!

AH is the best forum on here, so of course! And what sort of a geek would care about his/her post count anyway?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,698 ✭✭✭InFront

No
    that's called 1337? like actual numbers?

Apparently a sort of internetspeak for Leet, meaning 'lite, meaning 'elite'.

Someone on the motoring forum mentioned it a while ago. I had never heard of it before either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Atari Jaguar
    oleras wrote:
    :confused::confused: where did that come from ? :confused::confused:

i skimmed back a few paes to find the cause for it but too couldnt find it :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭Lust4Life

Atari Jaguar
    I think half my post count is from AH.
    But I post in The Cuckoo's nest all the time with no post count. So yes, I would.
    :p

Oh, and btw..... POST # 900! W00T!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

No
    simu wrote:
    ^
    ^^

blatant ++age there, rb!

:o
    Nah, this is ++age :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

No
    What exactly is the point of a post count?
    And showing how much time you spend on boards is not a good enough answer

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,105 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

No
    simu wrote:
    Twas probably Tar who got hit the hardest. That's lyk a rule of boards or sth.
    I remember your vain battle to try and stay ahead of me. :)

I don't mind really, I post on a few fora that have no postcount.If somebody wants to buy my postcount, contact me on here, or in PM.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

i think AH is one of the fora on boards that i post less on, so it probably wouldn't affect me. either way, i'd like a smaller postcount :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,644 ✭✭✭✭nesf

If somebody wants to buy my postcount, contact me on here, or in PM.

What you powerlevel people's postcounts for them? Just send your username, password and €50 to Tar and he'll add a 1,000 posts overnight...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

No
    Test...

/edit: I just confirmed that I now have well over 2000 posts! :eek:

Last time I looked, I only had ~1900. I thought that was recently... Has someone been giving me +postcount??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭shane86

People strive for a 5 figure postcount?

Christ, id nearly be embarrassed if my mates saw id got so many *cue Homer Simpson NUUUUURRRRRRDDD roar*

No
    Faith wrote:
    Test...

/edit: I just confirmed that I now have well over 2000 posts! :eek:

Last time I looked, I only had ~1900. I thought that was recently... Has someone been giving me +postcount??
    Last time I checked I had around 2800, I honestly don't know where the fook all these posts came from! However, unemployment will do that to a person I suppose... should calm down now that I'm working full time...hopefully...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,105 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

No
    nesf wrote:
    What you powerlevel people's postcounts for them? Just send your username, password and €50 to Tar and he'll add a 1,000 posts overnight...
    Four customers so far.
    I can also customize the way people want. More AH posts? Religious? Controversial? Helpful?
    We do it all here at Tarcorp.

Tarcorp is a subsidiary of simucorp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

Given that most of whats in AH is absolute drivel I'm proposing that any posts in this section subtract from your postcount.

Me - with my teeny weeny 200+ couldn't be bothered.....yet;) . I am however rather partial to those fancy little stars though.:)

Postcount - -

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Unpossible

No
    Given that most of whats in AH is absolute drivel I'm proposing that any posts in this section subtract from your postcount.
    then some people will be comparing their negative scores

No
    Jimoslimos wrote:

Me - with my teeny weeny 200+ couldn't be bothered.....yet;) . I am however rather partial to those fancy little stars though.:)

Postcount - -
    I'd label this ignorant drivel tbh.

However, if you don't like AH, then do yourself (and us?) a favour and stay out of it. Simple as.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

who wants a bigger penis???

Yore MA!!

++

I'd still post here if I had no hands, think about that ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

i couldnt even tell you what my post count is to the nearest 1000.

this post is just so i can see where it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

huh! who knew!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,003 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

No
    Yes.. yes I would.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Atari Jaguar....of course.....:rolleyes:

CC

No
    I was never paying attention to my postcount...I come here for general conversations...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭gucci

No
    how many of the sneaky people are just adding a comment to this page to increase theyre count, ha, ha come on own up....??or right none of yeah, case closed!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Heyes

No
    I post in After hours, cause i love a good rant...simple as :p

Advertisement