Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Music to get over someone

Options
  • 17-02-2007 11:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 848 ✭✭✭

Broke up with someone 2 years ago, still not over him and sitting here now wanting to listen to music that will make me see sense and maybe feel a bit more positive if anyone has any suggestions. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,452 ✭✭✭Rigsby

"I will survive"
    "Yesterday"
    "Knowing me knowing you"
    "I'm goin' to wash that man right out of my hair"

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Music isn't going to help you move on after two years, but if you need stuff to listen to, I recommend anything that doesn't remind you of the relationship at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Yes, but it won't help you move on from a relationship that ended two years previously.
    It can definitely help with feeling sorry for yourself, but they aren't always the same thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Tracy Chapman is whats tickling my musical taste buds lately

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Nick Cave's version of "I'm Gonna Kill That Woman"

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

All Out Of Love - Air Supply
    Bringing On The Heartbreak - Def Leppard

those are two that I listen to after a breakup anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 848 ✭✭✭Backtoblack

what was so great about him anyway?
    :rolleyes: b'ah men! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Almost the perfect post..:p

Yeah, I only saw the thread title when I decided what my reply would be but even when I actually read the first post I decided to go for it. The principle is the same :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Bonnie Prince Billy. I see a darkness. This will not cheer you up but it will ease your soul.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 RadioActive

Have you tried something unconventional; like hard rock or something. Maybe listening to some angry music will help you get angry and over him because you haven't let it all out yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭motley

I would recommend to get Beck's Sea Change. It is the best breakup album.

"Unbreak my heart" by Toni Braxton....

heh heh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

2Pac - Hit Em Up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Zapho

"Don't stop never give up, hold your head high and reach the top!!!"

Right now that I've said that..........how about "She Hates Me" by Puddle of Mudd (what the hell is the point of the extra d?) Rubbish band, also out of
    context considering the OP is the girl, so that mightn't be very helpful.
    I'll show myself out......

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

Ben Folds - Song for the dumped
    It's another one that works better for the guys though.

"I will survive" -the cover version though by a band called "Cake".. very funny!

• Registered Users Posts: 83,514 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

"Comin down the world turned over
    And angels fall without you there
    And I go on as you get colder
    Or are you someones prayer"

-Goo Goo Dolls
    -Black Balloon
    -Dizzy Up the Girl

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭Frankiestylee

Hah.. Phantom are playing the Cake version of I Will Survive as I read this post.... frrrrreaky.

It depends oh glorious OP on why you broke up and what you felt his failings are. Ok, so this doesn't work if you still worship the spring shoots that appear as he threads the boardwalks, but if you can find a song that sums up his failings then, bingo bango bongo that should help some what.
    It should be easy to do, there are only a certain amount of failings us humans suffer and you can be sure some fantastic visionary with a musical gift has captured that problem perfectly on a bit o' vinyl.

Something that cheered me up was "Train in Vain" by the Clash. It's off London Calling. It's nice and goes on about a lack of support and betrayal etc. So that kinda let me find what was wrong with the ex, so then I blasted "Ramble On" by Led Zep at myself, and that cheered my right up. Rambled off on the path to self re-completion so I did. Whopper tune. :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement