Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gerry McGeough announces Assembly election manifesto

Options
  • 17-02-2007 11:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 45

- A No. 1 vote for me is a vote for a United Ireland. Through peaceful, political means I will advocate that the demand for a 32 County Irish Republic be put firmly back on the agenda.

- We must put an end to the constant stream of concessions to the British and the DUP. A vote for me sends a clear message to Paisley, McCrea and the rest of their outfit that the days of push-over Republicanism are over. The Catholic people of the North have been insulted far too often. No more crawling to the DUP.

- In a direct appeal to the decent, patriotic grassroots Sinn Féin voters, I ask that you lend me your vote for this election in order that, together, we might restore our sense of national pride and promote traditional Republican ideals once again.

- Those who ask Irish nationalists to support and join the PSNI/RUC, and to inform upon our neighbours, are insulting and betraying everything that Irish Republicans have ever stood for. A vote for me is a rejection of this policy.

- If elected, I will block all attempts to have the 1967 British Abortion Act extended to the Six Counties.

- Also, I will unflinchingly address the concerns of Irish political prisoners and their families.

- I pledge to oppose the imposition of Water Rates and reject the recommendations of the Bain Report, which will lead to the closure of small schools.

- The people of Fermanagh/South Tyrone are crying out for a political representative who will actually do some constituency work. I, too, want the roads repaired - help me get started.

- I am on record as having called for a reduction in Corporation Tax to the level of that in the 26 Counties, in order to benefit the local economy. My position remains unchanged.

- The moratorium on Rural Planning must be tackled.

- I will also work to restore and protect our Irish townland placenames.
    http://gerrymcgeough.blogspot.com

There seems to be a sea of Republicans running for election after Sinn Féin's recent antics. I wonder how they'll fare?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

Looks like a recipe for sectarian division rather than national unity.

Edit: History buff, I want those 10 minutes of my life back which I just wasted browsing Captin Catholic Gerry McGeough's website.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

LOL

I saw the fetching green background myself and scrabbled for the back button pronto. :D
    clown bag wrote:
    Edit: History buff, I want those 10 minutes of my life back which I just wasted browsing Captin Catholic Gerry McGeough's website.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Far Corfe

Looks very straightforward and he has a winning smile.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Is it too late for the PSNI to request an additional charge for excessive use of 80's republican dogma as well? :D

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/local-national/article2342191.ece

• Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

I wouldn't even call McGeough a Republican, while respecting the sacrifices he made during the war it has to be said his racism, sectarianism, sexism and homophobia are anathema to the concept of Republicanism.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Interview with McGeough here:

http://unitedirelander.blogspot.com/2007/02/words-on-wednesdaywith-gerry-mcgeough.html
    You have had a storied life which includes being imprisoned several times for your involvement with the Provisional IRA. Any regrets about this period of your life looking back?

Well, it is the obligation of men to carry out their patriotic duty, so it's not a case of regrets or otherwise. However, I would have rathered that it was seen through to the end in that we got a concrete guarantee of a full British withdrawal from Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Amazing how similar this was to the DUP's manifesto for the last election:

Just swap Uk for United Ireland, Republicanism for Unionism. Concessions to the DUP for SF etc. etc.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

Looks like Captin Catholic didn't enjoy himself at the election count.
    BBC wrote:
    He was arrested after leaving the election count centre in Omagh on Thursday.

link

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭ReefBreak

What I find most disgusting about his homepage is fact that he likes to promote the fact that he's an IRA-veteran. Hey, vote for me, I used to be a terrorist.

Advertisement