Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

O2 gprs settings

• 18-02-2007 12:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Just got a new O2 I-mode phone and can't get it to work with my pda as a modem... tried all the settings listed here. Only way it will connect to the internet is with the Imode settings as given here... but it will not access any websites when connected. (APN=pp.wap.o2,ie). I phoned O2 and they activated my pp.internet APN setting but that doesn't connect. Is there something specific about Imode phones that I need to take account of? Up to this I have been connecting thru vodafone with no problems. Any advice much appreciated!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Aodh62

OK I am close to giving up on this... phoned O2 several times and they activated the pp.internet APN but it still won't work. They talked me through all the settings which I already had from the sticky post above. I think I'll just go back to Vodafone which worked fine. grrrr!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭lfc1892

Sorry Aodh, Imode handsets cannot be used as Modems. They connect to the GPRS in a different way to normal GSM handsets.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Aodh62

lfc1892 wrote:
    Sorry Aodh, Imode handsets cannot be used as Modems. They connect to the GPRS in a different way to normal GSM handsets.

Bummer! So it should work if I put the simcard in a normal GSM handset? Must try that. Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭lfc1892

Aodh62 wrote:
    Bummer! So it should work if I put the simcard in a normal GSM handset? Must try that. Thanks!

it should do, just remember that if the phone is a nokia to change the Modem APN (in connectivity settings) to pp.internet.

If this fails, remember to check that the phone can connect to GPRS. If this fails again, call o2 on 1740. They may need to log a pp.internet provisioning issue.

Advertisement