Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Router dropping ADSL line

Options
  • 18-02-2007 12:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭

When I try to connect to the Internet via my router, it drops the connection every 2 to 3 minutes and I have to re-connect manually, even so I have automatic connect switched on).
    I use a Belkin ADSL Modem with Wireless-G-Router and connect with an ethernet cable to the router. My ADSL provider is UTV.
    I tried it with 3 different PCs and 2 operating systems (Windows XP and Windows Vista).
    When I connect with my USB modem, there is no problem at all.
    I tried to increase the disconnect time on the router, but it didn't help at all.

Anyone has any idea, what the problem could be?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

mdebets wrote:
    When I try to connect to the Internet via my router, it drops the connection every 2 to 3 minutes and I have to re-connect manually, even so I have automatic connect switched on).
    I use a Belkin ADSL Modem with Wireless-G-Router and connect with an ethernet cable to the router. My ADSL provider is UTV.
    I tried it with 3 different PCs and 2 operating systems (Windows XP and Windows Vista).
    When I connect with my USB modem, there is no problem at all.
    I tried to increase the disconnect time on the router, but it didn't help at all.

Anyone has any idea, what the problem could be?

What model no is the Belkin - I am assuming it is an all in one i.e. router combined with modem? or are you using two seperate units?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

its a belkin, awful rubbish

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

Try borrowing a modem from someone else if you can

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Fidelis

I'm with BT broadband, and my Billion router isn't seeing any ADSL/PPP signal at all since last week. My Netgear router works though, so I don't know what's going on :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭mdebets

The model number is F5D7632-4 and it is a combined ADSL Modem and Router.

• Advertisement

Fidelis wrote:
    I'm with BT broadband, and my Billion router isn't seeing any ADSL/PPP signal at all since last week. My Netgear router works though, so I don't know what's going on :(

Have you tried resetting the router and re-entering your password etc.

mdebets wrote:
    The model number is F5D7632-4 and it is a combined ADSL Modem and Router.

If its an all in one and you have your settings correct then it sounds like a faulty model - there is obviously nothing wrong with your line as the other modem works fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Fidelis

dub45 wrote:
    Have you tried resetting the router and re-entering your password etc.
    Yeah, I tried reseting the router to factory settings and upgrading the firmware to the latest revision but no luck :(

Advertisement