Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How Old Are You ?..

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Paddy20

70 - 85
    muffler wrote:
    Cough Paddy. Name names. I'm intrigued :D

muffler,

This is the 'How Old are You ?.', not the name check thread, and you know a gentleman keep's his ladie's name/age secret !, please keep on topic . Gotcha ?..;)

P.:cool:

N.B: BTW I will be 61 in April this year Arggh :eek: , so a little more tolerance of my grumpiness and impending senility would be much appreciated. !
    :D

70 - 85
    nanook wrote:
    am i the only one here who thought that the posters on boards were alot younger than they currently are.

Paddy good call on this

Thanks nanook,

I thought the same as you regarding the age of North-West members and posters ?..I really believed they were younger, as well.

Perhaps a Board's wide "HOW OLD ARE YOU THREAD ?.." would beneifit all, but how or where that could be posted is beyond my knowledge, anyway I am more interested in the North- West and I am looking forward to someone older than 60 !, owning up and posting.

Here's hoping :)

P. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Carrickman wrote:
    32 (33 in a few weeks, where oh where are the years going:eek:) oh and belated happy birthday to you paddy and magnumlady.

Jesus, I was going to post the same! Too old in some eyes, too young in others! 19 on a Sat night though!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

70 - 85
    Seanies32 wrote:
    Jesus, I was going to post the same! Too old in some eyes, too young in others! 19 on a Sat night though!

19 0n Sat eh, lucky sod. Do you fancy changing place's and age's ?..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Paddy20 wrote:
    Perhaps a Board's wide "HOW OLD ARE YOU THREAD ?.." would beneifit all, but how or where that could be posted is beyond my knowledge
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=249008

;)

• Advertisement

70 - 85
    Carrickman wrote:
    32 (33 in a few weeks, where oh where are the years going:eek:) oh and belated happy birthday to you paddy and magnumlady.

Thanks Carrickman, my advice to you is go for it now, while you still can . Grab life by the throat and shake it , as you have nothing too lose and everything to gain ;) .

Good luck.

70 - 85
    Goodshape wrote:

Goodshape,

Brillliantly spotted, and nothing new under the sun eh !, although DeVore's survey shows a much younger poster number, than this thread.

This thread is still very much alive, and highlights the importance of remote forums such as our own ; North-West .So please keep posting your age folk's , many thanks. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 46,094 ✭✭✭✭muffler

55 - 69
    Paddy20 wrote:
    19 0n Sat eh, lucky sod. Do you fancy changing place's and age's ?..

Ahemm.... I think he meant he feels 19 on a Saturday night :)

70 - 85
    OK, where are the over 60 year old member posters ? . I refuse to believe that I am the oldest poster on the North- West forum !..

Please put me out of my misery.

I have no ego, why should you ?..

You know this thread is still good educational and & informative fun, lets keep it that way :) ,and as we have yet to hear from about 3,700 Name Check posters ?..it could prove to be very interesting ;) .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭deman

55 - 69
    Another 39 year old here. Born Jan 1968.

Congrats Paddy on your sixtieth :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Yet ANOTHER 39 year old here. Born November 1967.

Cograts on the 60 Paddy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭missmatty

29 so a big ding-dong later this year.
    Will need a lot of drink to get over that (still 14 in my head) ;D

55 - 69
    missmatty wrote:
    29 so a big ding-dong later this year.
    Will need a lot of drink to get over that (still 14 in my head) ;D
    Are we invited :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

28 here too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 scatt

37 nearly 38

70 - 85
    muffler wrote:
    Are we invited :)
    A double post from you on this one :D Are you jealous of my 28 year old?..

55 - 69
    Paddy20 wrote:
    Are you jealous of my 28 year old?..

When does she go to the optician :D

70 - 85
    muffler wrote:
    When does she go to the optician :D

Her fev song of the moment is " I can see clearly now " I think that say,s it all. Us older men have a lot to offer ;) .

55 - 69
    Paddy20 wrote:
    Us older men have a lot to offer ;)
    Not too often I agree with you Paddy but sure once in a while you are correct ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

39 - 54
    Red alert.

Peace has broken out in the North West. :D

• Advertisement

70 - 85
    smashey wrote:
    Red alert.

Peace has broken out in the North West. :D

I think you mean a 'green' alert smashey, townie's never agree as a matter of principle, it could be misunderstood as favouritism ;) .

N.B. Have you posted your age ?, maybe I missed it ...

• Registered Users Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Born December 1983 in Sligo General Hospital.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 barneyrubble

im the whole 23, in me primer :D

55 - 69
    im the whole 23, in me primer :D
    You're a painter so :D

Welcome

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 MolokoKE

29 and counting. Looking forward to hitting 30 is it true about life in your 30s?

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Tall Tom

39 - 54

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭tuppence

55 - 69
    Belated happy birthday Paddy. Am 39 as well.
    Is that young or old or is it different if a man or woman?!

70 - 85
    tuppence wrote:
    Belated happy birthday Paddy. Am 39 as well.
    Is that young or old or is it different if a man or woman?!

39 is not bad, it is when you hit 40 that you start to slide downhill. I well remember my G.P. telling me when I hit 40 that it was downhill all the way from here ! :eek: .

On the 18th of April I will be 61 years old, and to be honest there are compensations, and I am happy with my age if not my health. Although I am surprised that it only seems like yesterday that I hit 40, how quickly the years pass the older you become.

Thankfully, I have no fear of the grim reaper as I truly believe our individual spirits will move on to a higher plain where the mystery of human life and our time on this earth will become clear ;) .

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭tuppence

55 - 69
    So true paddy. As yeats would say we are all trapped in dying animals, the spirit is timeless. You seem to have a very young spirit anyway. I know a few younger folk with older outlooks in life.
    Ageism is something we have to fight all our lives young or old, and sometimes with Gps and sometimes in ourselves. Its amazing how you can find yourself falling into the same traps especially when you reach potential age markers like 40, and 60. Anyway, if all else fails theres always the Equality Authority they cover age discrimination!
    Oh Oh, I fear I may be digressing again...;)

• Advertisement

70 - 85
    tuppence wrote:
    So true paddy. As yeats would say we are all trapped in dying animals, the spirit is timeless. You seem to have a very young spirit anyway. I know a few younger folk with older outlooks in life.
    Ageism is something we have to fight all our lives young or old, and sometimes with Gps and sometimes in ourselves. Its amazing how you can find yourself falling into the same traps especially when you reach potential age markers like 40, and 60. Anyway, if all else fails theres always the Equality Authority they cover age discrimination!
    Oh Oh, I fear I may be digressing again...;)

Nice reply tuppence:)

Advertisement