Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

unprotected sex

• 18-02-2007 1:05am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Last night I went to a party and drank more then I ever have before and ended up having unprotected sex with my friends. He came but pulled out as he did so. Im wondering is there anything I can do because I'm so scared I’m gonna get pregnant.

I’m only 15 and it was my 2nd time. I was going to go get the morning after pill but I needed a medical card which I don’t have. There’s no one in my family I can turn to for help because I’m an only child and my parents would kill me if they found out that I was even hanging around with lads.

I can’t turn to older friends though because no-one can know about it and none of my friends can keep their mouths shut.

I know it was stupid to get that drunk and to have sex but at the time I could hardly even remember my name never mind to use protection.

Is their any advice someone can give me in any way? I know they’re have probably been a million posts similar to this one but I don’t know where else to go.

s

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭spinandscribble

think about it OP.

OPINION 1: you tell your parents, they hit the roof but take swift action to pay for the morning after pill. they pull the reins in for the next few years giving you time to grow up and make grown up decisions that'll keep you safe.

OPINION 2: you dont tell them or get any help. you have a good chance of getting preggy and your parents REALLY hit the roof and you're left with regret.

this begs the question. is there really two opinions or do i need to further explain myself?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,494 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Do you have an aunt, uncle or teacher / guidance counsellor to turn to?

Perhaps try Childline 1800 666 666.

I'm not going to lecture you as such on alcohol, but you are underage and like anyone else, you need to realise that alcohol compromises us. Take it easy or knock it off altogether.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,592 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

roughly where are you OP, dublin or country?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭Trinity

What about your friend you had sex with OP? Can they help you? Can you say the money was for something else?

I think its about 50 euro or less.

Did you contact your GP? in certain circumstances they will prescribe the MAP.

Call the irish family planning association and explain your predicament.

If all else fails you probably must tell your parents. It will be a lot better than getting pregnant, they will want to know then why you didnt come to them before it was too late.

Let us know how you get on. But dont do nothing. The clock is ticking. you have til tomorrow night realistically. (72 hours but its less effective the longer you wait)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Hey you just got to think to yourself, do you want your parents getting mad at your for a while or do you want to go through childbirth at such a young age and most likely destroy any dreams you have for the immediate future?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Agreed ^
    Find funding to get yourself to the doctor for a prescription immediatley. No buts...
    Agreed.

As hard as it may be OP, you've got to talk to someone about it and get the cash to go to the GP. Think about it, it'll be hard to tell your folks that you're hanging around with guys, but it'd be a whole lot worse to try and tell them you're pregnant.

Good luck with it.

ok i went and tried to get the morning after pill but because of my age and two pre existant medical conditions he wouldnt perscribe me the morning after pill.

he also told me that because of the time in my cycle thta it was that i am in the danger zone but that there is nothing they can do

ahhh!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

Bloody Hell, there has go to be someone you can talk to. What about the samaritans, your year head teacher, the local community nurse, someone. If it is an issue of a 50 quid or so to get sorted, then I will drop it into the samaritans office in dublin city centre for collection. Whatever you do, think about your life. You are asking for trouble and may have already found it. Please let us know what happens

A concerned parent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭bluto63

There are very limited options for you where your parents don't find out, so it's for the best that you tell your parents yourself. They can take the quickest action and might respect you more for going to them yourself.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

ok i went and tried to get the morning after pill but because of my age and two pre existant medical conditions he wouldnt perscribe me the morning after pill.

he also told me that because of the time in my cycle thta it was that i am in the danger zone but that there is nothing they can do

ahhh!!!!!!!!!

OK, I'm presuming you have high blood pressure or something. You can always get an IUD fitted. It would help if you gave us an idea of where in Ireland you are based. Are you in Dublin?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

GO to your schools guidence consellor, at very least, she could lie and get the pill for you. Otherwise you have to tell youre parents, which isnt a bad option, because having sex at 15 without protection is really stupid and you should, if possible, seek as much help as you believe you will get. it may be hard to tell them but at least you are getting the help you deserve, as no young women deserves to be shamed for having sex, she just needs to learn about it properly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭hunnymonster

lie and get the pill for you? come on! If a doctor has said the OP is unsuitable then why on earth do you think this is a good idea?

AFAIK, IUD's are not a preferred option for teenagers either.

OP, Did the doc have anything else to say?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

ahhh!!!!!!!!!

Was this your GP?? If so I can't believe he basically showed you the door while saying there is nothin they can do....shockin. Not very compassionate. Your best bet is school counsellor like others have suggested....either that or tell your parents later on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Artmustang

If there's nobody else to turn to go tell your parents. They are the best people who can help you. Do not hesitate to tell them now or it will be too late. If you don't just hope that your period will come next month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Emergany contraceptive like the oral contraceptive is not suitble for everyone woman. Drs have to first do no harm

scared nd alone I suggest you try get as much help as you can

www.positiveoptions.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

ahhh!!!!!!!!!

Did you get yourself sorted scared nd alone? All is not lost love but it is important you go and see a nurse or doctor. It's imperative you be truthful about any medical conditions you have but they will probably be able to help you so don't be afraid. Would you not talk to your Mum?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭secret_squirrel

Miss Fluff wrote:
    it is important you go and see a nurse or doctor. It's imperative you be truthful about any medical conditions you have but they will probably be able to help you so don't be afraid.

Thats the second reckless piece of advice you've given in this thread. You have no idea whether another Dr or Nurse could offer the OP any help, infact the balance of probability suggests they wont.

Its admirable that you want to help the OP, but raising her hopes unrealistically is not help.

OP You have 2 choices, given that the medical option appears to have been ruled out.

1. Tell your parents now. They might be more supportive than you think (they may not though)

2. Suffer in Silence until your next period then either
    a. Breathe a huge sigh of relief and consider the lesson learned.
    b. Tell your parents you are pregnant.

They arent easy choices, just remember to review the times you had to tell you parents other things, and whether they reacted well considering, or badly.

Personally I know everytime I have been shatting myself about telling my parents something, getting it out there has proved far less stressful than the worrying about telling them ever was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

Well considering its been 3 days it's too late to get the MAP, so as secret_squirrel has said you have 2 choices.
    Don't forget there is always someone you can talk to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

Caliden wrote:
    Don't forget there is always someone you can talk to.

precisely, no matter what the outcome is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 339 ✭✭little lady

Firstly I think you should go and buy a home pregnancy test, you may not be pregnant at all and may be worrying for no reason, if you don't want to use a home kit you could ask your doctor for the test.

If you discover that you are pregnant then you need to decide what to do - you could always make an appointment with the Family Planning Clinic, I'm sure they have plenty of experience with situations like yours and will be able to give you loads of advice.

'i ended up telling my mate and we got a home pregnance test and it came out negative.im just wondering could it be too early to detect it?'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Crea

'i ended up telling my mate and we got a home pregnance test and it came out negative.im just wondering could it be too early to detect it?'

Most tests can't be done until a few days before your period is due. 3 days after conception would be too early. Get on to Positive Options. They'll have experts there to give you advice.

Advertisement