Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Jesu album

• 18-02-2007 3:43am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭

I got the new Jesu album yesterday. It's called Conqueror and at first I was very disappointed. Compared to the first album and the Silver EP I thought it was pretty lacklustre. But I've listened to it a few times today and it is growing on me immensely. Anyone expecting anything like Godflesh will be severely disappointed. This is like Justin Broadrick's version of a classic pop album. Very uplifting and very upbeat. Recommended.

On a related note, the new Explosions in the Sky comes with a bonus remix CD featuring a Jesu remix and it is worth buying the album for. ****ing brilliant!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 812 ✭✭✭neGev

All I've heard from Jesu before was Silver, but I preferred it to Conqueror.
    I've heard lots of people saying good things about Explosions in the Sky though, are they worth looking at?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Personally I think they're a bit pedestrian, a poor man's Godspeed or Mogwai but the remix disc with the new album is incredible!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

I cant speak highly enough about explosions in the sky . . really beautiful well crafted instrumental music

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

jury still out on Jesu album....

Advertisement