Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dance

• 18-02-2007 4:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭

How do you dance with 2 girls at once?

I was just wondering because I was out tonight. Approached these two girls on the dancefloor by myself. Both of them were smiling at me. Didn't know who to pick or what to do!:eek:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Choose one.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,355 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Ditto.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Looks like your indecision cost you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭In IRL

Is there no way to dance with both of them?

It's a lose-lose for me. Cos if i pick one the other will feel rejected, and I have a chance of getting blown out from the girl I pick cos the other one might have liked me better.

What' s up with girls giving each other smiles to each other when I get near them anyways? But they won't really make direct eye contact with me :confused: ? They don't mind me dancing around them tho. Is it playing hard to get/ not liking me enuf/ whats the next step for me. Like I don't want to hang around them too much if it's just them wanting me there to stroke their ego.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭loismustdie

you'l look like a wannabe player/boyband member trying to dance with them both. what did you do
    ???

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Just kind of dance in a triangle. You won't be grinding up against either of them, but you'll still be dancing with the two of them.

Like:

Girl 1 ......Girl 2
    ...... You

You face forward, and they should both turn towards you. Alternate eye contact with both of them.

you'l look like a wannabe player/boyband member trying to dance with them both. what did you do
    ???

i did what faith sed. they were facing each other so i came from side and danced with them in triangle.

both looked, smiled at each other, didnt leave to go to another part of dnacefloor or anything. but as i tried to make eyecontact with both to see who likes me better, they didnt givme eye contact again. so i got bored and left.

also one of the girls started texting in the middle of the dancefloor :eek: was that a sign to move into the other girl? or maybe she was texting to the friend about me? :rolleyes: ?

Faith wrote:
    Just kind of dance in a triangle. You won't be grinding up against either of them, but you'll still be dancing with the two of them.

Like:

Girl 1 ......Girl 2
    ...... You

You face forward, and they should both turn towards you. Alternate eye contact with both of them.

wont make eye contact tho. how long to wait and dance with them before assuming they r not intrsted?

+ where do i go from the triangle. usually the girl whos more interested makes some sort of a move for example grind back to me. but didnthappen. do i go just try grab her?:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Go for the better looking of the two, obviously.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

rb_ie wrote:
    Go for the better looking of the two, obviously.

Id say go for the one that looks the easiest;)

• Advertisement

Anti wrote:
    Id say go for the one that looks the easiest;)
    Well, that certainly works too :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

And thats why wingmen exist!

haha

but seriously, can anyone give me a proper answer to my questions? :rolleyes:

i sometimes experience the friend of who im going for draggin her away from me.

read my posts above and please answer my questrions :D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Really, do you want step by step instructions of how to behave in a club situation? Use your common sense, ffs! It's not like anyone is taught how to behave in situations like yours, they just learn by trial and error. How old are you, btw?
    both looked, smiled at each other, didnt leave to go to another part of dnacefloor or anything. but as i tried to make eyecontact with both to see who likes me better, they didnt givme eye contact again. so i got bored and left.

also one of the girls started texting in the middle of the dancefloor was that a sign to move into the other girl? or maybe she was texting to the friend about me? ?

Maybe they were smirking at each other, soundlessly communicating "Haha, how can he think he's in with a chance with us??". Maybe they were having a silent argument about who'd get you. Who knows! If they didn't make eye contact again, you can safely assume they're not interested. The girl who took out her phone probably did it to get you to go away, or else she was rude and/or bored. At that point though, it should have been clear that they weren't interested.
    What' s up with girls giving each other smiles to each other when I get near them anyways? But they won't really make direct eye contact with me ? They don't mind me dancing around them tho. Is it playing hard to get/ not liking me enuf/ whats the next step for me. Like I don't want to hang around them too much if it's just them wanting me there to stroke their ego.

Maybe they were just friendly. Maybe they caught you staring at them, and just politely smiled back. Girls aren't like men, they often go to clubs just to have a good time, not to get hit on.
    i sometimes experience the friend of who im going for draggin her away from me.

That means the friend doesn't approve of you, and doesn't think you're the right guy for her friend.

Faith wrote:
    Really, do you want step by step instructions of how to behave in a club situation? Use your common sense, ffs! It's not like anyone is taught how to behave in situations like yours, they just learn by trial and error. How old are you, btw?

Maybe they were smirking at each other, soundlessly communicating "Haha, how can he think he's in with a chance with us??". Maybe they were having a silent argument about who'd get you. Who knows! If they didn't make eye contact again, you can safely assume they're not interested. The girl who took out her phone probably did it to get you to go away, or else she was rude and/or bored. At that point though, it should have been clear that they weren't interested.

Maybe they were just friendly. Maybe they caught you staring at them, and just politely smiled back. Girls aren't like men, they often go to clubs just to have a good time, not to get hit on.

That means the friend doesn't approve of you, and doesn't think you're the right guy for her friend.
    I agree, Faith. A bit of common sense goes a long way in these situations.

To be honest, and I'll put it as nicely as I can, it really sounds as though neither were interested in you and/or they wanted you to go away.
    Don't try and approach two women at the same time in a club, do you even realise how you come across in their eyes when they see you at that? Seriously, one guy approaching two girls, trying to get both to dance with him and then thinking he can pick whichever he wants...its a tad ridiculous tbh. In future, if you're going dancing, go with at least one or two friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭oranje

rb_ie wrote:
    I agree, Faith. A bit of common sense goes a long way in these situations.

To be honest, and I'll put it as nicely as I can, it really sounds as though neither were interested in you and/or they wanted you to go away.
    Don't try and approach two women at the same time in a club, do you even realise how you come across in their eyes when they see you at that? Seriously, one guy approaching two girls, trying to get both to dance with him and then thinking he can pick whichever he wants...its a tad ridiculous tbh. In future, if you're going dancing, go with at least one or two friends.

I agree, I don't think that you will get too far dancing with two girls at once. If you really like somebody you might be better off picking your opportunity off the dance floor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭NUTLEY BOY

If you are Catholic don't forget to leave room for the Holy Ghost during the slow set.....:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

Decide who you want to score, and dance with the other one. Do you see why?

Advertisement